Thanks for the Drive Mike!
I now have something better for the Man Cave Screen this December.
These videos should really come in handy around that time.
Not that this equates but it will sure beat the Winter Blues and that Shaw fireplace TV channel when there is nothing else on for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Mike another great video.:thumbs: Why do they call it "Dead Mans Flat"?

Your car/camera don't seem to move at all.
Something to do with 2 brothers who lived nearby. One of them didn't take so kindly to life in the mountains and started hearing voices. Long story short. The one hearing voices killed his brother with an axe and then threw the body in the Bow River near this spot. There's a sign board at a rest area that explains it. Sadly,I don't have a pic of it. Not much there really. A couple of townhome complexes and 2 gas stations,2 restaurants. Certainly not a destination stop.

My wife and I had a week vacation stay at Deadman's Flats several years ago. It was much less expensive than staying in Banff or even Canmore, and it is a short drive to both. I quite enjoyed it actually, and would recommend it as a destination for the cheaper but beautiful accommodations, and it was nice and quiet and peaceful there. It is also surrounded by mountains, so the view is excellent. Sitting out in the hot tub with a cold beer in February looking at the mountains was fantastic. Of course, if you are going to plan to stay there, you need to bring a car or rent one, otherwise you are stuck there.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Cool little tidbit J. I really enjoy DMF as well. As you said,cheaper,and both Banff and Canmore pretty much down the road. Surprisingly too,the restaurant in the Husky station is pretty good.

I also noticed my last time there that the old teepee gazebo thing just past the Esso station has been removed. Next time I need to stop and get a pic for Black03 of the storyboard of Dead Man's Flats and how the name came about.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread