Keith you have to stop reading that darn Hemmings. Every time you do somebody passes away.

I saw him race at St. Thomas in the 60's.

Interesting Doug mentions the Thunderbolts. One car that made an impact on me when I start going to St. Thomas was a T Bolt called the "Flying Farmer". Raced out of the Detroit area. The car still exists and has been restored. A lot of those T Bolts did not survive.

Rest in Peace Hubert.

Doug the car was driven by Don Leddy and owned/sponsored by Delta Ford in Bay City, Michigan. The car is restored in black but I clearly remember the car being white.

Arnie Bestwick was one driver I do not remember seeing in action but his "Flying Farmers" really did fly. Great looking race cars.

i'll always remember hubert platt and phil bonner in the ford thunderbolts.
I remember an interview with Phil Bonner a few years ago. He said that when the front end came back down you never knew which direction the car was going to go. He finally learned to brace his elbow on the arm rest and hold the steering wheel steady that way. You see people holding the top of the wheel and free wheeling all over the place, especially when shifting gears. For the most part they don't even realize that they are the problem and not the car that is going every direction but straight. I learned that little trick early on with my Ram Air Firebird.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.