Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
How might the 2020 Corvette look like in the four provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick which require a front plate?

The ME’s front fascia looks like this, with its very noticeable wide open grill (as shown in the following picture taken within BGA by a temporary worker during last fall’s 13 week Plant gut-n-rebuild).

4E12DA79-BE14-44D8-BB97-8E1E715C461F.jpeg

Yet, all the ME mules pictures we have been seeing include what appears to be a massive front center grille insert, probably or partially to accomodate a license plate holder.

F61B5387-26D2-45D2-9AE4-AE8BAC67FF3D.jpeg

Without going out on a limb, especially since the four ME’s at the ‘Ring all had the center grille insert, is that for most, and maybe all, 2020 Corvette track applications, the front plate insert mounting system is designed to not impede air flow, to not interfere with necessary vehicle cooling.

Predicting further, consistent with the 2014 Stingray’s and later C7’s, the front aero plate mounting system would not be factory installed, but again shipped, this time in the frunk for PDI install, or maybe for later customer chosen usage.

fvs lastly created the following rendering as to how the ME would look like with a front plate.

76113474-3524-46E9-8944-D42A76304865.jpeg

For more: Front Plate C8 Appearance - MidEngineCorvetteForum.com

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.