Aug 14, 2014
Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 HTC
Province
BC
Which fuse do you pull?

On the 2015 with NPP, there is the #42 fuse marked something akin to Exhaust #2 and the #32 fuse Exhaust #1.

Pull one or both of these?

Someone on this forum once said to pull front box fuse #42.
So I pulled #42, but it did not make much difference.

What does #32 do?

Pulling fuses will not make it louder , just leave it on it's loudest setting as if you were in track or sport mode. You could just leave the car in one of those modes.

Here is what you are looking for I imagine... I sent you a PM with a link to more info...

1. ll C7 have valves for V4 mode in front of the mufflers. We call them AFM valves. Fuse 32 controls the AFM valves, and pulling fuse 32 or AFM connectors will result in a CEL and awful sound in V4 mode.
  2. NPP cars have electronic valves in the outer exhaust tips. We call them NPP valves. Fuse 41 (2014) or fuse 42 (2015) controls NPP valves. Pulling the fuse will NOT cause a CEL, nor will pulling the connectors at the valves. These two NPP valve disable methods are electrically identical, but the fuse pull is simpler and more easily reversible.

Pulling fuses will not make it louder , just leave it on it's loudest setting as if you were in track or sport mode. You could just leave the car in one of those modes.

Here is what you are looking for I imagine... I sent you a PM with a link to more info...

1. ll C7 have valves for V4 mode in front of the mufflers. We call them AFM valves. Fuse 32 controls the AFM valves, and pulling fuse 32 or AFM connectors will result in a CEL and awful sound in V4 mode.
  2. NPP cars have electronic valves in the outer exhaust tips. We call them NPP valves. Fuse 41 (2014) or fuse 42 (2015) controls NPP valves. Pulling the fuse will NOT cause a CEL, nor will pulling the connectors at the valves. These two NPP valve disable methods are electrically identical, but the fuse pull is simpler and more easily reversible.
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

I set up the software, but it is actually a tiny bid louder overall on the average drive without the fuse. Saw the link. Thanks. There the poster said: Engine Sound Management (ESM) OFF/Track will NOT keep NPP valves open all the time for the 2014-2015 Stingray. Suggesting that pulling the fuse will keep the NPP valves open all the time, and hence the overall greater average loudness.

I will leave fuse 32 alone. Thanks! Problem solved.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.