May 1, 2016
VetteCoins
Help!! Unfortunately the first time I installed my nose mask on my C6 I did not use a credit card to guide the flat tabs of the mask between the fender and the headlight and the seal got pushed down a bit in a couple of places. Now the question is how do I pull the seal back up without removing the fender? Other forums say to replace the seal you need to pull the fenders, but don't give any method on how to lift the seals. I have not removed C6 fenders, but have pulled C5 fenders many times when I was doing the battery acid leak repair and the wide body conversion on my '99 vert. I know I have lots of time before the good weather but hopefully someone can help with simple fix.

Attachments

• DSCF3937.JPG
    DSCF3937.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF3938.JPG
    DSCF3938.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF3939.JPG
    DSCF3939.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 24
You don't need to remove the fenders to reposition the seals of the headlights. You just have to loosen both the fenders and the top portion of the facia.
The front facia section between the headlight and fender can be lifted up using a pry tool, being careful not to scratch the paint by placing a towel, etc. Under the pry tool. That section is held in place with a pressure fit clip that the facia pushes into.
I've attached a PDF which shows what needs to be removed/loosened to get a the headlights.
Good Luck

Attachments

• Removing Headlights without removing front bumper.pdf
    871.6 KB · Views: 25
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.