Bought my first vette around 2000, was a 1981 red on red. Sold it and a few years after bought another one but a project I never finished and sold last summer. I also owned a 2007 yellow convertible with a Edelbrock supercharger while the 81 was in process. Sold it to a friend and still regret it. Now just bought my 4th one a 85 red on red. A clean car that need some TLC.
I JUST got 59 a two weeks ago.

I hope to own a new Vette before too long. I tried to order one from my dealer but not availaible. The list of curtomer is too long for their allocation.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hello,

I am 68 and my C4 is a 1985. Black over grey leather and a 4 sp. with overdrive. All stock except for 2002 Corvette wheels and tires. Just tuned it up using the correct plugs. Early 1985 and 1984s have cast iron cylinder heads. Newer has aluminum. The plugs are very different and the ones for the cast iron heads are shorter and more stout.

This is a good thing to know if you want the biggest bang for your buck....

Happy Motoring,

Eddie

Reactions: OL Yeller
I purchased my first Vette, a 2017 C7 M7 coupe when I was 73 years young! Now 76 and have a gorgeous C7 A8 convertible. Also purchased a Cadillac CT4 Blackwing in February this year - one of 32 in Canada and one of only 12 manual tranny's to come to the Great White North so far in the CT4 Blackwing production. It is a production hotrod!

I'm 66 and just sold Pietro his '85! Congratulations! I assure everyone that this Vette is in very responsible hands, now owned by a very remarkable and upstanding young fellow! Was difficult to part with this car, but made much easier knowing who the new owner is! Wishing you many safe, happy and enjoyable miles!

Bought a 76 Stingray 4spd at 32. Sold it many years later.
Bought a C7 in 2018. then traded it for a Lambo in 2021. Still have Lambo
Missed owning a vette and needed a winter project car and just bought a 1993 C4. I'm 60ish and my daughter who is into cars just turned 16 and will assist.
Brenda

I'm Edmund Lubowiecki. (www.lubolink.com). Yes I have traveled around the globe playing bass in 3 piece blues bands. This is how I got familiar with Canada and how awesome the people are. Now that I am 69, I write songs and play accoustic guitar and sing for many religious organizations.

I have always been a Porsche guy. Five or six years ago a friend offered to trade his 85 C4 for a 2000 BMW 528I that I had. At the time I had two 4 dr sedans both black with tan interior. I kept the Lexus and traded the Beemer. This C4 is completely original and numbers matching. It has 2002 C5 wheels which really give it a nice stance. Other than changing valve covers and gaskets, radiator, and shifter rebuild, this car is very cool . It's ebony black with graphite leather. I just re-dyed the seats. Duplicolor spray is the stuff to use. They look brand new. This car is 230 hp with 330 ft lbs of torque. After a recent tune up, with the correct plugs for cast iron heads, this car goes sideways when tromped on in second gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.