Automatics are gentler on the drivetrain and if you are not using slicks, then the tires will generally break loose before anything will break. Loose torque converters, slicks and a steady diet of hard, dead hook launches will generally bring out the weak spots. Wheel hop in the old "A" body cars was a real driveline breaker too. Videos of newer Corvettes have a sound some times that sounds like wheel hop but it it very well may be the traction control working.

Automatics are gentler on the drivetrain and if you are not using slicks, then the tires will generally break loose before anything will break. Loose torque converters, slicks and a steady diet of hard, dead hook launches will generally bring out the weak spots. Wheel hop in the old "A" body cars was a real driveline breaker too. Videos of newer Corvettes have a sound some times that sounds like wheel hop but it it very well may be the traction control working.

It could also be drivetrain shake. I get that in my stockish car when it is cooler out and try to launch it or the back tires get loose on a roll. Feels like wheel hop but I don't think it is. It's a pretty bad banging sensation coming from the whole car and it feels like the rear end is going to drop out. A rear brace and new engine mounts is a cure for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.