Mar 1, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Corvette conver
Province
BC
How much should a dealership charge to install a Z51 spoiler on a non Z51 C8
My dealership wants $2,000 to supply a used take off Z51 spoiler and install
I figure that that spoiler would be worth around $700, so they are asking $1,300 for install

Should take about 2.5 hours since holes have to be drilled using the GM template. I have a Z51 carbon flash spoiler and the template that was removed when I had high wing installed

I bit the bullet, got them down to $1,400 However I got the 7 year warranty 60K Kms $100 deductible for $2,500
Just picked the vette up today
What a vehicle it is

0A029306-3EE4-4A52-97F5-3C4E81D34511.jpeg
9DA6E261-EBC2-4523-9A1F-FFE53A03E8C2.jpeg

Typical Dealer ripoff....
Go to a Performance / body shop that works on Corvettes. With the templet it is standard work.
I know several here in Ontario, so find one that your local Vette guys use. You could also check out, dare I say, the Tuner crowd, they install wings and stuff all the time.
You can find other Vette Guys to sell you a Z51 wing for less than $700.00

Reactions: vintageracer
How much should a dealership charge to install a Z51 spoiler on a non Z51 C8
My dealership wants $2,000 to supply a used take off Z51 spoiler and install
I figure that that spoiler would be worth around $700, so they are asking $1,300 for install
I bought a Z51 spoiler in perfect shape from someone on the forum for $500.00. He had put a higher spoiler on his Z51. My selling dealer installed it for me at cost of around $350.00.

I’m getting mine installed next Tuesday at my dealership. Will get a price for you then.
Just got my car back and the charge was $300 for the install. It took a lot longer than anticipated, trouble with getting the Z51 wing off the 2 sided tape. Once they were done they found that supports didn’t line up perfectly and they had to buff out the paint, no charge. I’m glad I didn’t try to do it myself, it looks great.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
If that dealer had issues with removing the 3m tape from the car then they do not know what they are doing and also the high wing spoilers line up perfectly. At least they did not overcharge you and the end result was satisfactory.

Reactions: harshadt
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.