I would like to buy a 1999 Corvette with only 90 km which would be a good sales price thank you?
In your neck of the woods, I would estimate between $15 and $20 thousand for a good average mileage 1999 Vette. If that was not a misprint and it only has 90 km on it, the price goes down to $5,000 as you will likely spend another $10k to 15k getting it back roadworthy. Cars that sit idle for 21 years need a lot of work.

In your neck of the woods, I would estimate between $15 and $20 thousand for a good average mileage 1999 Vette. If that was not a misprint and it only has 90 km on it, the price goes down to $5,000 as you will likely spend another $10k to 15k getting it back roadworthy. Cars that sit idle for 21 years need a lot of work.

the person said that there is nothing to do on the car and that he is ready to drive so between 15,000 and 20,000?

No problem. I thought that was pretty low mileage. My feeling is that $ 20,000 is the upper end but 90,000 km is not excessive, so the range I mentioned is likely pretty close. I would highly recommend you have a good mechanic do a thorough inspection of the car though. Brakes, suspension, compression, drive train, etc. as repairs on items that don't show up until after you buy it can be very expensive. It's easy to need to throw an extra $ 5,000 or more at a car that hasn't been properly maintained. A carfax check is always a smart move that will tell you if there are any liens or accidents the car has been in. Good luck and if it turns out ok, the C5 is a great car and a sweet looking car and we will want you to post pictures for us. We like pictures here. Welcome to the forum by the way.

With the only information provided, it being a 1999 and 90,000km, $20k is a fair asking price.

You can always negotiate lower.

If you haven't looked yet, here's a pretty solid buying guide:

tl;dr:

Look for the following:

- The most notable issue with C5 Corvettes (all years) is with the steering-wheel lockout system.
- Another (much less critical) item is the failure of the pop-up headlight motors.
- Because Corvettes sit so low to the ground, there is always the risk of damage to the front fascia, fenders, quarter panels, etc.
- The front airdam on the fifth-generation Corvette is known to take a fair amount of punishment during vehicle operation.
- Be observant of panel-edge seams (look at space between panels such as the fender and door line, fender and hood, etc.).
- Open all components – the hood, the doors, the fuel door, and the rear hatch – and look for paint overspray or mis-match in paint colors.
- Inspect the tires!
- In addition to tire tread, inspect the type of tire installed.
- While inspecting the tires, take a few minutes to inspect the rims as well.
- INSPECT THE ENGINE!
- Before entering the vehicle, inspect the driver’s seat closely.
- Operate every electronic device on the car’s interior.
- Make sure to drive the car until it reaches normal operating temperature.
- When operating the car, pay close attention during braking.
- n addition to all of the electronic controls in the car, make sure to test/inspect the parking brake (especially on Corvettes equipped with a manual transmission.)
- If the car has a transparent top, inspect it for crazing (small, hairline cracks in the glass).

"We’ve said it before, and we’re going to say it again – take time to have the car inspected by a professional mechanic. (Ideally, someone familiar with Corvettes)"

If anything comes up that's not 100%, then use that as a way to haggle the price down. If it doesn't work, you're going to have to spend the money to fix it. Don't agree to have the current owner fix it as he may cut corners to reduce cost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.