We live near Niagara Falls and one of our favourite things to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon is to drive the length of the Niagara Parkway from lake to lake with the top down. The most fun is, as we drive by the actual Falls and the sidewalk along the Falls is full of a United Nations example of people, all leaning over the railing with their camera in hand taking pictures of the Falls when suddenly they realize there is a Corvette going by and it’s like a wave as they turn their cameras toward us and start snapping pictures of our car. It’s sort of amazing to watch and fun.

Always turns heads, but most amusing are the jealous ones who pretend not to notice you in the bumper to bumper traffic jam in the morning, staring straight out the windshield, throwing side glances. Some clowns at work throw out the "Corvette Boy" dig, obviously for envious reasons. As for the "cost" issue....one guy in particular I directed this comment to: Throw out those cigarettes,stop drinking those cases of beer, and put that money in the bank. You'll be driving one of these in no time, and you'll feel much better!

When they ask how much why not simply quote "retail", that's readily available on the internet anyway.

Anybody who asks "how much" also is that type of person that always asks how much, whether it's a television, new fridge or new couch! They also have no knowledge and no intention of buying a Corvette either! Ha ha

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango
My C3 gets a lot of attention and positive comments. Pics and videos both static and while driving happen quite often. Being a 45 year old car no one asks the “what’s it cost” question but in answer to the often asked “what’s it worth” question I reply as honestly as I can by simply saying “It’s worth exactly what someone’s willing to pay for it”.

I always get attention when I take out my C3, lots of thumbs up, heads turning and positive compliments when I stop for gas or park
There are not a lot of these cars on the road in Quebec and Ontario these days, so it is becoming more rare seeing them. A great piece of the Corvette history book, this year she (Raquel) will be 42 years old and still running fine

A couple of years ago I had my Tesla Model S performance car at our local streetfest car show. Any car or bike was welcomed. Thought it would be a nice day to sit in the sun with my wife and check out the cars. We were talking to each other just minding our own business and this rude woman interrupts and says I know how much these cars cost, like she was angry. Then she says how can you justify spending that much money on a car? She caught me off guard and speechless. So my wife seeing how rude this woman was being to me pipes up and says because we are fucking rich now get lost. I was almost as shocked at her response as I was with the woman in the first place. I love my wife. LOL.

A couple of years ago I had my Tesla Model S performance car at our local streetfest car show. Any car or bike was welcomed. Thought it would be a nice day to sit in the sun with my wife and check out the cars. We were talking to each other just minding our own business and this rude woman interrupts and says I know how much these cars cost, like she was angry. Then she says how can you justify spending that much money on a car? She caught me off guard and speechless. So my wife seeing how rude this woman was being to me pipes up and says because we are fucking rich now get lost. I was almost as shocked at her response as I was with the woman in the first place. I love my wife. LOL.

One of the best posts ever

One of the best posts ever
The reason I was shocked is because my wife never talks like this. But she can dish it out as well as take it. I think she was just so mad that this woman interrupted our conversation just to be rude to me.

Reactions: Icecap
Positive comments about my Vette are always forthcoming, thumbs up, big wave and even more so when people see it being driven in the snow in January - that makes for really big smiles. I have never had a negative comment except for a guy at a gas station who sneered; "That that it must be expensive on gas." I could tell he did not believe me when I said it get 30 miles to a gallon on the highway - he was an old guy like me and understood that measuring method. (I still have to cross reference litres/100 kms.) When I get asked what does a car like THAT cost my response is always the same; "I don't know, my wife bought it for me as a thank you gift." That gets some strange looks and a few smiles.

Someone asking the price at the gas station is an entirely different dynamic from asking a salesman at a dealer :

I disagree if someone asks the price at the dealer like I did. When I went to the dealer to shop for a C7, I went in there seriously and told him so I wasn't there to kick tires, the salesman said he'd make me a better deal on the sticker price because he wanted the dealer to be the top seller in the area. So I asked what was the actual price. I went there to see if I could find something within my very specific budget. He came back a few minutes later saying 500$ biweekly. That answer pissed me off because it was a huge insult taking me for a moron and playing games. For me it isn't useless information because my budget and payment plan was made up already. Then trying to hide the fact that all people budget their stuff on a monthly basis and making it look affordable with a lower number is another deceitful tactic in my opinion. My GF was confused so I said 1000$/month and she started to comprehended, the payment could of been 6 years, 10 years, 12 years who knows, it didn't answer my question what the price was.

In no way was I going to go over budget and ending up in financial trouble. I asked again and he replied he didn't know. He was black listed, the dealership too.

I hear ya about a the need for a straight up question and answer. I personally think he didn't understand the directness of your question and wasn't necessarily playing games, he was just being a shitty salesman.

In actuality the biweekly price is usually less then the monthly price. It's not a tactic, it's not deceitful, it's math and its how many weeks are in each month so the number biweekly is actually is more accurate for you to budget your monthly bills.

Regarding the OP's question...I"ve had a few 911 turbos, M's and AMG's all modified and I have to say I get more looks in this Z06 then all of them combined.

I went to retrieve the owner's manual from the car at the warehouse and a man driving the snow tractor honked his horn so I could approach.

He said over the roar of the tractor nice car!
Thanks I worked really hard to get it.
Those who work hard deserve it, you deserve it. You'll love it more than your wife.
I'm not going to say that!
Of course not that's between you and me.

:D :D

... at least not until you figure out the mapping and info screen
to assure that you don’t need your navigator to
roll down the passenger window to ask for directions ...
perhaps ... 😂

I have the feeling some people have a hard time with the info screen? What scares me a is when the warranty runs out and I have to start fixing it myself. If it's anything like my old GMC Savana work van I couldn't believe how bad the engineering and how cheap parts were compared to all my Toyota I owned. The amount of extra steps to take stuff apart made me swear a lot. On the other hand parts were easy to obtain and inexpensive in comparison.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.