My car was delivered to the dealership last Wednesday, to my surprise I was told that I can’t take her home until pre-delivery inspection and paint polishing is done. Called today and was told car will be ready on Thursday so total of 8 days.

anyone run into this issue on delivery?
Why not take a run over to the dealer and see if all is ok with it.

Why not take a run over to the dealer and see if all is ok with it.
I was there on the day it was delivered and did not see any damage
B197AB6F-4790-4917-9080-24F355106592.jpeg
D203E585-C8B0-44B0-AB92-0E4520230394.jpeg

My car was delivered to the dealership last Wednesday, to my surprise I was told that I can’t take her home until pre-delivery inspection and paint polishing is done. Called today and was told car will be ready on Thursday so total of 8 days.

My sense is that the "norm" is usually a couple days to get the car PDI done. It can be faster or sometimes a bit slower but 8 days is fairly slow. And yes as Murray said there's often one person selected to go over the new Corvettes so if you're in a small dealership that's received several new C8's (I see another in your photos; along with an earlier generation) it could take longer. You may want to ask if the other C8 owner is picking up his car after you and if so, ask they do yours first? Regardless, you're one of the fortunate people who HAVE (or soon will have) a C8. Congrats!

Reactions: DenisC8
polish the C8? I say tell them NOT to do it and maybe not wash it either. That`s what I did and did my own wash and polish later.
NEVER have the dealer wash you car !!!!!!!!
There were enough scratches from the handling and factory.
Also ask them to show you the Prep worksheet as mine , btw, refused to do so. I have not set foot in that dealership since then and using another for service.

My car came off the truck at 8am, I picked it up at 2pm the same day.
polish the C8? I say tell them NOT to do it and maybe not wash it either. That`s what I did and did my own wash and polish later.
NEVER have the dealer wash you car !!!!!!!!
There were enough scratches from the handling and factory.
Also ask them to show you the Prep worksheet as mine , btw, refused to do so. I have not set foot in that dealership since then and using another for service.
I let the lot kids take it out overnight. They said they would wash it before delivery. They took better care of my car than I do...

Mine took a week, 3 vettes dropped on the same day. I was in no rush to take delivery as the weather is crappy here lately. It was just finished its coating, PPF and tint Friday but it never stops raining. Hopefully have it Wednesday.

No ,mine arrived on tuesday got dealer preped and ceramic coated was ready on friday picked it up on saturday .Check how many km on it if more 15 start asking questions

No ,mine arrived on Tuesday got dealer prepped and ceramic coated was ready on Friday picked it up on Saturday. Check how many kms on it... if more 15 start asking questions

Mine arrived on Monday and will be delivered today (Thursday) at 14h00.
It was ready yesterday but we had heavy rain and we decided to postpone the delivery (by trailer) to today.
I want the car super clean as I will be adding a ceramic coating on it.
Less than 2 hours to wait...

Reactions: OL Yeller
No ,mine arrived on Tuesday got dealer prepped and ceramic coated was ready on Friday picked it up on Saturday. Check how many kms on it... if more 15 start asking questions
took delivery, the car is flawless and with only 8km on odometer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.