Status
Not open for further replies.
Car had problems from pick up and I have been fighting with Gm to replace the car.. No they agreed to this..

I assume they wouldn't agree to replace the car? Even if you had to pay something for the mileage/use of your old C8, it may be worth it to replace instead of taking a cash payout since that would see you behind the wheel of another C8 sooner...unless of course you're fed up and don't want another C8?? I'm in the same boat as harshadt although this isn't my first GM vehicle...but I've never done a "buy-back" nor had any friends do so. Your situation may be more complicated with people able to sell their C8's for more than they paid. Looking on the Web, I came up with these references that may give you some info:

GM Is Buying Back Dozens of Chevy Bolt EVs That Pose Fire Risk Due to ‘Rare Manufacturing Defect’

But I suspect the Bolt issue is far different than whatever happened with your C8.

You'll likely find more helpful postings on the Web, if you dig deeper. Good luck!

What is wrong with your z06?
He has started another thread and post with the story Denis.

Reactions: DenisC8
I am curious to find out what went wrong with the SR, the Z06 could be teething pain on a new engine design, but the SR has been out for years, and not much has changed with the engine (from what I know). So after 4 years of being on the road, this is the first that I hear of where the entire engine needs to be swapped out, and dealers having to bring in replacement cars. Must be something very serious where a part swap is just not feasible. How many KMs in did you finally come to an agreement with the dealer for a Buy Back or replacement ??? Inquiring minds want to know (and current / upcoming / future owners). Thanks !!

I am curious to find out what went wrong with the SR, the Z06 could be teething pain on a new engine design, but the SR has been out for years, and not much has changed with the engine (from what I know). So after 4 years of being on the road, this is the first that I hear of where the entire engine needs to be swapped out, and dealers having to bring in replacement cars. Must be something very serious where a part swap is just not feasible. How many KMs in did you finally come to an agreement with the dealer for a Buy Back or replacement ??? Inquiring minds want to know (and current / upcoming / future owners). Thanks !!
OP is taking about his Z06, he started another thread in the C8 Z06 forum
2023 z06 buy back?

Status
Not open for further replies.