I'm New Here
Feb 16, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
1976 Corvette Stngry
Province
ON
Corvette.jpg

My husband recently passed away and I am planning to sell our 1976 Corvette. He bought it as almost a complete shell, and over the last few years tracked down original parts to put in. He also re-did the previous body work to bring it back to mint condition and had it painted. The interior only needs seats. The only issue is that he removed the engine and disassembled it to clean and make sure it was in perfect condition. He didn't have a chance to reassemble and install it before he died. He was a licensed mechanic who specialized in classic cars, so much attention was paid to detail. I'm just wondering how much I could reasonable ask for it when I put it up for sale, and where I should post the ad?

I am sorry top hear of your loss. Several options. You could have the car appraised by a certified appraiser to give you a general appraised value. You could do a basic google search to see similar cars and what they are listed for and adjust your price based on your car's condition. The car will have better market value as a re-assembled driveable car. If it is not running it becomes a project car and would likely not have the same value as a driveable unit. But you would have to offset your rebuild costs against what you might get for the car as a driveable car.

Or, you could find a reputable shop and have the car reassembled and keep it for yourself. It is not going to go down in value at this point. There are several reputable shops in Ontario but I will leave it to the Ontario guys to point them out.

sorry for your loss

Very nice car one of my favourite designs and probably what started me on,the corvette journey
a few good men are in alberta and if you were closer we could use our expertise to,help,you get a good b=value and a few of us have helped ladies on,your situation to sell it with very little effort and oain

Again sorry for your loss and please take care, I am sure some will be along to,help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.