Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
I'm referring specifically to the regional forums. The 416, 514, 403 etc etc. While these are obvious to CCF members they are pretty poor search engine terms and I'm finding that some people searching for Quebec or Alberta corvette groups for example are not getting CCF show up on top as it rightly should.

Also we have a metric tonne more area codes now for every province now so... Maybe time for a change?

I'm putting a poll to see how you ladies and gents feel.

Renaming to specific regions might be of more attention grabbing than telephone codes. Even within provinces there are regions as well but lets not get too split up.
What I would really like to see is in the events calendar. Right now the vast majority of listing are members B'Days. Nice for personalized congrats to those who have another notch in the belt (hopefully not width wise) however I find that that does not encourage us to meet and greet. As an example I was going to Stratford in July 2017 and found out at the last minute about the Vettefest in Bayford. Needless to say I went there to enjoy and talk with other Vette owners.
So I would encourage members to post their own local get together's, even if it is just a Sunday cruise around your area and even if it is just 3 or 4 or more of the locals who know each other. Maybe some other local members might show up for the fun of meeting other owners. Three or four vetts together is great. Imagine if you could get another 2 or three in there.
Vettes are beautiful to see, not only to the proud owners but also to people walking on the sidewalks or other drivers seeing a gaggle of Corvettes together on the road.
IMHO

LE BARON

What I would really like to see is in the events calendar. Right now the vast majority of listing are members B'Days. Nice for personalized congrats to those who have another notch in the belt (hopefully not width wise) however I find that that does not encourage us to meet and greet. As an example I was going to Stratford in July 2017 and found out at the last minute about the Vettefest in Bayford. Needless to say I went there to enjoy and talk with other Vette owners.
So I would encourage members to post their own local get together's, even if it is just a Sunday cruise around your area and even if it is just 3 or 4 or more of the locals who know each other. Maybe some other local members might show up for the fun of meeting other owners. Three or four vetts together is great. Imagine if you could get another 2 or three in there.
IMHO
LE BARON

You have a good point LE BARON. But in all fairness, the Events calendar birthdays are filled in by staff. (because CCF admin are all knowing of birthdays and not much else)... So..... the answer is exactly as you encouraged.....When a member has organized an event, all he/she has to do is click on the Create Event tab at top right of the events calendar and post their event and relevant information. If all else fails they are welcome to contact one of the staff and provide us with the information and we will post it for them. Hoorah! :thumbs:

Reactions: ddgermann
Hi NIK..
Can you please add the new area code 236 added to the 604/250/778 area...
Thanx pal.
Graham

Lol, no. I'm actually going to rename all the area code forums to actual provinces or regions so we can avoid these situations in future. So 604 will become BC. How's that? :) Otherwise we'll have forum names that look like phone books if I remember what phone books look like....

A good idea Nik. It will be much easier at a glance to spot. And as Spence noted, don't forget Alberta in your changes. :Nono1:

Reactions: YFCvii
I don't see the voting but yes names are better then numbers..... unless a woman in a bar gives you ONLY her name and not her number! ;)

:)

Oh found the voting......

Brian
I have the ability to find addresses by license plates. Sure is nice to have a friend in a registry.

Much better Nik. Funny that the regional forums used to be by name, then people asked to have them by area code. Needless to say, that created a monster. I’m very glad to see we are going back to the good ol’ name.

Reactions: Nik and ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread