The quickest visuals are:

1 - The rotors are slotted and vented, see attachment. Non-Z51 has solid rotors.
2 - The 19 and 20 inch wheels, see attachment, are unique to that option, but were also available in the "ZF1" appearance package.
3 - The car will have the dry sump oil system.

The most accurate indication will be the Window Sticker and / or the build sheet / options list located in the rear cargo compartment, under the carpet. Or in the trunk, under the carpet on the convertible. If it has that option the RPO will show "Z51"

There are a number of other identifiers but these are the most conclusive.

Hope this helps
Ross

Attachments

• Z51 wheel.brake.jpeg
    Z51 wheel.brake.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Bunny hop
The quickest visuals are:

1 - The rotors are slotted and vented, see attachment. Non-Z51 has solid rotors.
2 - The 19 and 20 inch wheels, see attachment, are unique to that option, but were also available in the "ZF1" appearance package.
3 - The car will have the dry sump oil system.

The most accurate indication will be the Window Sticker and / or the build sheet / options list located in the rear cargo compartment, under the carpet. Or in the trunk, under the carpet on the convertible. If it has that option the RPO will show "Z51"

There are a number of other identifiers but these are the most conclusive.

Hope this helps
Ross
Well, I do have, a Z51. Thank you for the help

Reactions: cdnrx1
I think the Z51 also has the performance exhaust, so 4 exhaust tips as opposed to 2 for non Z51.
Easiest way is look for the slotted rotors. Performance exhaust NPP was optional across the board. My non Z51 came with it along with aero and the 19-20" wheels, my dads did not. Its pathetic Chevy put such a quiet exhaust on the car, its about as loud as a luxury sedan. Cant even hear it with rev match on.
npp.jpeg

Last edited:
Easiest way is look for the slotted rotors. Performance exhaust NPP was optional across the board. My non Z51 came with it along with aero and the 19-20" wheels, my dads did not. Its pathetic Chevy put such a quiet exhaust on the car, its about as loud as a luxury sedan. Cant even hear it with rev match on. View attachment 100131
When I take off from a green light , plenty of sound but I agree it could be louder. I love the backfires , it gives out, when you almost floor it. I have seen a few C8s and if you do not see them , you do not hear them. Worst than the C7.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
They deleted the slotted rotors on the 2020 Z51's. I thought they looked cool but there was some environment concerns in California. Like that is going to hurt the environment more than other things that are allowed.

They deleted the slotted rotors on the 2020 Z51's. I thought they looked cool but there was some environment concerns in California. Like that is going to hurt the environment more than other things that are allowed.
California: the state single handedly trying to ruin cars for all of us. The same state that a day after it announces that they are banning ICE engines by 2035, tells EV owners not to charge their cars because of the load it would put on the grid. If you made this stuff up, no one would believe you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.