Brummm

Casual User
Nov 24, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1991 c4
Hi im New here. I have a 2003 z06 with dynatech long tubeheaders catted highflow x pipe hooked up to titanium rear K&N cold air intake 92mm fast intake what horsepower number should I expect with a good Tune ?
Thanks for any input...oh the car has 9662 original km

Reactions: Corvette GT1
Hmmmm thank you for explaining...i to am going to do heads cam timing chain and balancer ....i think that's the under mount pulley

Brummm, welcome to the forum. Not sure the date your car was built but a number of engines had valve spring failures till about mid year 2003. Mine fell right on the date so I changed them out, valve springs cheaper than a motor!

I will watch with interest how you progress with this. My car is completely stock but I like Hemicats idea of trying for 405 rear wheel horsepower.

How long have you owned your Corvette?

Good luck with your project.

Brummm, welcome to the forum. Not sure the date your car was built but a number of engines had valve spring failures till about mid year 2003. Mine fell right on the date so I changed them out, valve springs cheaper than a motor!

I will watch with interest how you progress with this. My car is completely stock but I like Hemicats idea of trying for 405 rear wheel horsepower.

Hi ....and thank you for the welcome !!!
Yes I know of the spring issue ....thanks for asking ...thw car is a 2003 Z06 with 9662 km original...also found out about the steering lock issue recall...i called gm today and they said just take it to a gm dealer and that would fix it free ...or I may just get it done with the mod or apparently get tuner to remove it from bcm....i would like about 450 to 480 go at the wheels but only if it's driveable...not a daily driver but still want reliability first..im almost 60 so 450 range is more than I need ...plus if I need speed I will ride my bikes

I was originally just going to do the springs because of failures noted in 2002 and early 2003 LS6 engines but ended up with Brian Tooley Racing (BTR) LS Stage 2 cam, BTR pushrods, BTR trunnion rockers, BTR 0.660" lift double springs, Melling 10295 HP oil pump, Kaltech timing chain and PB1117N harmonic balancer (looked at the ATI one but too much $$$ for me). Basically, anything that was disassembled/removed to put the cam in is being replaced with new. The LS6 intake and heads are good enough for me now but newer heads and a larger throttle body seem like options for even more power.
Wow sounds like I'm going that same route...plus heads

Attachments

• 20190206_221059.jpg
    20190206_221059.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 29

Actually dec 23 2018

Hi im New here. I have a 2003 z06 with dynatech long tubeheaders catted highflow x pipe hooked up to titanium rear K&N cold air intake 92mm fast intake what horsepower number should I expect with a good Tune ?
Thanks for any input...oh the car has 9662 original km

Where are you from? I hate to sound silly, but elevation and air density will make a difference to your expected horsepower number. Did you get a base number first, before you did the exhaust and intake?

A very general expectation would be to pick up around 35-40 hp. If you live at lower elevation and have better air density, you may see as much as 50, but that is a stretch, especially considering the cats.

I do love to see great ambitions for C5 Zs. Still one of the most beautiful cars ever made in my mind, and it fully was my intention to do the same thing that you guys both want to do. I just wound up starting with a C6 by chance instead.

Reactions: ddgermann
I live in Oshawa as we speak....however thinking about moving either further east small town smaller house bigger garage ...just the wife and I now kids gone ....so 5600 as ft house just to get a 3 car garage....oh we have to dogs our new kids ...but now time to downsize ..id like a 2000 as ft house plus basement ....and a 40x50 or so shop 20 ft high...maybe lift on top of shop..
Property tax is killer in Oshawa..11000 a yr who needs that...lol cheaper to move

Well if gm leaves could be a blessing for the most part ..maybe small Industry will get going ..so many are still moving east because property is still cheaper than toronto...the boom went West first now it's going east ...other factories will open up....im not so worried Oakville Burlington Halton Hamilton are all booming and no big gm plants there..

Welcome!
You should get around 385/390 RWHP with that set-up and a good tune, 450 RWHP is a great goal number for a cammed LS6, but drivability and low end torque can be a problem with a big cam, it’s based on many factors that you need to look at before building your package, by the way, if you are thinking to replace the titanium catback, can I please be the first one on the buyers list, have a great day!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread