C8 Ontario
Dec 3, 2020
Barrie Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 HTC
Province
ON
So I thought I would start a new thread to give those of you who are 3000-TPW-3400 hope.

I was TPW the week of March 22. I followed my build timing thanks to Murray's great daily production updates. I know that based on my VIN it was produced last Tuesday (March 23rd). I was anticipating a wait of a few weeks to get to my dealer in Barrie (1 hour north of Toronto). I found out the hard way that JCT no longer has the tracking option (so for those like me don't bother checking it).

It was suggested that contact my dealer again to get the ETA from Workbench. Well guess what happened before I could even call the dealer - I got a call from them my car showed up out the blue this afternoon!

So I just wanted to give some of you hope that there people getting them delivered in what I would consider a very quick timeline from TPW. Here are a couple of pictures as you can see it's right out or wrapping and still needs to be PDI'd. Also, these photos should give you an idea of how the Silver Flare can change colour depending on the angle and lighting.

Attachments

• PXL_20210331_193114419.jpg
    PXL_20210331_193114419.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 119
  • PXL_20210331_193122111.jpg
    PXL_20210331_193122111.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 99
That’s great. My Silver Flare was built on Mar 23 as well; my dealer told me it was scheduled for delivery April 2 which of course is Good Friday and that’s like 10 days all the way out to BC. I’m dubious about that but think it might be here well before the end of April now. Seems delivery speed has picked up.

Mine built today. Will see how long it will take.
I was back at the dealer today firming things up for my pick up (I honestly expected to come sometime next month). They said the trucks have really cut down the time from production to the dealership and that cars are apparently making it to Ontario from the plant in as few as 3-5 days. The trucking company also works 6/7 days a week. So this is all to say, have hope and get your insurance lined up as you are likely going to have it sooner than you think.

Reactions: ccltj and Carlos
That’s great. My Silver Flare was built on Mar 23 as well; my dealer told me it was scheduled for delivery April 2 which of course is Good Friday and that’s like 10 days all the way out to BC. I’m dubious about that but think it might be here well before the end of April now. Seems delivery speed has picked up.
hi there. wondering if your car was delivered yet. mine is being built this week and trying to get an idea how long for delivery to Alberta. im guessing BC would be a couple of days extra time past Alberta.
Thanks

hi there. wondering if your car was delivered yet. mine is being built this week and trying to get an idea how long for delivery to Alberta. im guessing BC would be a couple of days extra time past Alberta.
Thanks

I'd suggest about a month from date of manufacture, to arrival in Alberta. That's what mine took to get to Calgary but that was last Fall although I'm hearing it's about the same now by train. There's a chance that Quality Control issues could hold it up if they spot something that needs correcting.

Of interest, my next door neighbour in Edmonton who I lined up with my same Calgary dealer, was told his C8 is scheduled to be built today. So they've likely sequenced several Alberta vehicles together so they can ship them all out. Like you he's getting a Red Mist HTC and he's completely pumped and waiting to install all the accessories stocked up in his garage. Congrats to you; your long wait will soon be over and you'll have nice roads for your break-in!

Were you price protected? how did the dealership handled the process - charged you old MSRP, or new MSRP and refund you later etc ?
My dealer told
Me I was price protected. He called his rep to confirm. Said the invoice will show increased price but they will charge me old price And they will
Get refund from Chevrolet

Mine was built on Mar 26th, still not arrived to my dealer in Barrie
What status 4B00? Barrie cars go to Ingersol and then trucked to Barrie, but it seldom sits long in Ingersol. If Bayed, there is likely a QC issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.