Oct 8, 2018
Northern Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06 3LZ LBR-MT
Province
ON
I've seen photos illustrating an insulated hood liner with the Z06 logo and crossed flags emblem on C7 Z06's (engine hood liner) but I haven't been able to confirm if this comes standard from the factory or if it is an optional accessory?

Cobra

My first C7 Z06 (2015)had a crossed flags logo but it was imprinted and only the black of the hood liner.
The new 2017 Z06 came with this one which has some colour to it. Both 3LZ cars.
180E2A77-A00D-418F-89AC-86F6ADB83CD8.jpeg

My first C7 Z06 (2015)had a crossed flags logo but it was imprinted and only the black of the hood liner.
The new 2017 Z06 came with this one which has some colour to it. Both 3LZ cars.
View attachment 21766
Thanks for the quick reply and beautiful pic! I too ordered the 3LZ package so I'm hoping that I also get that finished looking "sweet" hood liner!

Last edited:
+1 Derek's post.
@Cobravenomous what is the ETA on your car?

At this point I don't have a specific date however yesterday I popped into the dealer to pick up my 2019 brochure which they had to order in and see if there were any firm updates.

Interestingly I was at Canadian Tire about three weeks ago and the general manager of sales (Prouse Motors) whom I not only dealt with in this purchase but have been dealing with him since the mid 80's approached me. Although the plan was for a late March/April build he advised me that GM released 10 corvettes for "build" but that they caught their error and placed a stop build on those cars of which mine was one. Well not only do we have a foot of snow still on the ground I also would have storage problems as I have to get rid of my Mustang Cobra to make room for my Corvette.

I had promised the Cobra (1998 SVT-Conv) to my son since he was a little guy. Well I foolishly helped him last winter to convert his detached double garage into a professional weight lifting gym and he says he doesn't want the car as he doesn't have anywhere to park it. This is surprising because he likes to drive it and there was no money to be exchanged as this was to be a gift!

I'm unbelievably anal with all my assets and my Cobra has never seen snow, gravel and rain only once (original wiper blades) and has been winter stored in a heated garage every winter. As well I only have 18,000 miles on it and there are no marks interior or exterior period and is absolutely mint. I wanted my son to take it as I can't bear to sell it as I know if I sell it I won't get very much for it, and I would feel like I'm giving away a real nice car for next to nothing! So right now I would also have storage problems as I have a double attached garage which is full......ha ha.

When I was at the dealer yesterday they said they didn't have a firm date and were going to co-ordinate this with the factory so that the car would be built as I said end of March or April. So nothing firm for me yet, however I do have a print out of my car optioned detailing the final price, as well I gave them a very substantial down payment however I don't have an official GM document detailing specifics as per an order sheet. I would believe I will obtain that when the order is actually submitted for build. I'll post a note once I get that firm order build sheet along with a more definitive date of build.

The dealer said they will also look into the possibility of me going to Bowling Green when the car goes to final assembly so that I can see it in the final stage of build. I thought that would be fun if it's at all possible!:)

Cobra
IMG_1644.JPG
u
IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1646.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
As well can anyone confirm if the black front splitter as shown in the attached photo comes standard? The photo produced following the "build and price" configuration on the GM website shows a black front splitter as well as black rockers. I'm curious if that's what I can expect with my car ordered as I did not opt for the Z07 package?
IMG_1649.PNG

What you see in the photo is what you get. I have a 2017 GS without Z07 and we get the "poverty" front splitter (no side wings) and 3/4 side skirts. I actually love this combo as the front splitter can handle low curbs and entering my US driveway and the side skirts protect from most rocks and road debris. My car has almost 20,000 MILES (not km) and the rear ducts still look pretty good.
Hope your wait is painless
Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0259.JPG
    DSCN0259.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Cobra--good luck with the wait. It's painful but will be worth it :) These cars are incredible, and it's been said many times on here you wont believe the attention the car draws. At times it can be embarrassing..lol.

Just my .02 on the Cobra--don't sell it if at all possible! I went through the same with my Boss 302 and traded it because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of storage. I got good money on the trade, but in all honesty if I had to do it over I would never had traded in the car and would have found a way to manage both. The Vette is on another planet compared to the Mustang so no complaints there and I plan to hold on to mine for a long time. I am itching to get back into a Mustang for tooling about town--maybe a GT or GT350 if I can find a decent used one. Would not have had this issue had I kept my 'pristine' Boss for such purpose!!

Hi Cobra.
Wow you have a very sweet Cobra hiding under that cover. I now get your handle. I/we would love to see a few photos of that beauty. I can’t imagine telling my father I don’t have room for it. I would have chainsawed a garage door into my living room for it. 😀
Your 3LZ non Z07 car will come with the black unpainted stage 2 splitter standard. You can option this up as you like. I believe now on 3LZ trim the smaller side skirts are standard but not positive on that one. I highly recommend getting the full side skirts as they really do help protect the car and look great (imho).
You will have a big spoiler on the rear without the center wicker. (Stage 3 with the center wicker can be added later for relatively small $ if you wanted. All the aftermarket spoilers and aero are way way cheaper than the GM stuff and good quality)

My 15 Z was 3LZ and non Z07. Here is what it had for a splitter.

F51E0BD1-FA9A-4BBE-8B95-202BFCD776B2.jpeg

6E10C1DE-BF5A-4A38-AC71-0E8DEB41E44D.jpeg

The Z07 stage 3 front splitter below in carbon fibre for comparison.

53AF8BA6-FD17-4871-AF1A-E5CED41E1894.jpeg
0AD1E255-2DF5-40D4-A524-9A56D4E518C9.jpeg

Hi Cobra.
Wow you have a very sweet Cobra hiding under that cover. I now get your handle. I/we would love to see a few photos of that beauty. I can’t imagine telling my father I don’t have room for it. I would have chainsawed a garage door into my living room for it. 😀
Your 3LZ non Z07 car will come with the black unpainted stage 2 splitter standard. You can option this up as you like. I believe now on 3LZ trim the smaller side skirts are standard but not positive on that one. I highly recommend getting the full side skirts as they really do help protect the car and look great (imho).
You will have a big spoiler on the rear without the center wicker. (Stage 3 with the center wicker can be added later for relatively small $ if you wanted. All the aftermarket spoilers and aero are way way cheaper than the GM stuff and good quality)

My 15 Z was 3LZ and non Z07. Here is what it had for a splitter.

View attachment 21779
View attachment 21780

The Z07 stage 3 front splitter below in carbon fibre for comparison.

View attachment 21776View attachment 21778

Thanks for taking the time to post photos and answer my questions.......you have two beautiful cars!

Hi Cobra.
Wow you have a very sweet Cobra hiding under that cover. I now get your handle. I/we would love to see a few photos of that beauty. I can’t imagine telling my father I don’t have room for it. I would have chainsawed a garage door into my living room for it.:D

I did not want to pollute a Corvette forum with Mustang photos however with your permission here is a couple.........the first will even better explain my handle!

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG
IMG_1656.JPG

What you see in the photo is what you get. I have a 2017 GS without Z07 and we get the "poverty" front splitter (no side wings) and 3/4 side skirts. I actually love this combo as the front splitter can handle low curbs and entering my US driveway and the side skirts protect from most rocks and road debris. My car has almost 20,000 MILES (not km) and the rear ducts still look pretty good.
Hope your wait is painless
Bob

Thanks Bob........as you can appreciate I'm reading as much as I can about the C-7 Corvette and watching as many YouTube videos as possible, to help me wait out the winter until such time I get confirmation of my car being ordered along with a definitive delivery date. All I have is a non official build sheet with a hand written price and a receipt of a heafty down payment........ha ha. I'll feel a lot better when I get an actual order sheet with the car optioned as per build. At least that's my understanding of the process. The dealer did tell me about three weeks ago my car was released for build but that the manufacturer (not dealer as I previously thought) realized the delivery destination being Northern Ontario and placed a stop build on the car. If that's the case does the dealer have to resubmit my order or will the manufacturer simply schedule the car for build at a time that they believe they can deliver it?

Second question. Regarding your comment of stone chipping and after viewing a YouTube video clearly showing the tires picking up small rocks, how serious of an issue is stone chipping with the entry level tires? Do I need to have a 3-M tape applied to the wheel well edge? I'm thinking the softer compound of the Cup 2's would be more of a problem with this than the standard tire being less soft?

Cobra[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.