Sep 20, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
ON
I am curious about the High Wing and would like some input b4 I add to my order. Anyone that already has it on their car......would you do it again? Does it not interfere with your engine access trying to reach over it at the rear?
Thanks for the input.
Bill

Love the look of mine, would do it again. Looked for after-market, but the GM one was about the same price and dealer will install. No interference to the engine bay, but does make getting into the trunk a liitle more tricky, but I rarely do that and am never putting anything that heavy back there that it is a problem lifting it in and out.

Attachments

• 20211126_144811.jpg
    20211126_144811.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20211014_123035.jpg
    20211014_123035.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
If you opt for the Z51, I would suggest to keep the Z51 wing and then buy from GM the high wing. Same price. Always the option to go back or sell it.

I love my high wing and would do it again. For me it sets the car off nicely. It doesn't interfere with the rear camera at all. Load the trunk isn't a problem either.

Attachments

• IMG_4788 2.jpeg
    IMG_4788 2.jpeg
    976.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4800.jpeg
    IMG_4800.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Likewise I have the factory high wing, love the looks, glad I did it. Mine is HTC, so access to the engine is a different process, but no issues putting stuff in the trunk, just be careful, Someone a few months back suggested putting PPE on it to help protect it. I put PPE on the front clip and side skirts, but the installer didnt think it was needed on the wing, so I didn't do it. Love the look! (and it makes it go faster!)

Likewise I have the factory high wing, love the looks, glad I did it. Mine is HTC, so access to the engine is a different process, but no issues putting stuff in the trunk, just be careful, Someone a few months back suggested putting PPE on it to help protect it. I put PPE on the front clip and side skirts, but the installer didnt think it was needed on the wing, so I didn't do it. Love the look! (and it makes it go faster!)
I put PPF over my whole car including the wing. It will definitely help not getting scuff marks and scratches. Worth the money I think.

I did put ceramic on the whole car incl wheels, but not PPF (by the way i see i said PPE not PPF before - think covid has infected my vocabulary :))
Well they both protect something. LOL. I also did ceramic coating on top of the film, and the wheels and callipers and the interior of my car. A bit over protective. Ha ha.

I would do it again. No complaints, I'm tall and have long arms and can reach over /into carefully.

I also cant recall putting anything into the trunk... I use the frunk the most - beer, groceries..)

...if you were on the older side and like to cart around heavy items or golf clubs...it could put some strain on your back.

Reactions: kerry4
did not put mine on
wife and me are short and we want to try it for a year without wing
also it looks neat without any wing or spoiler as it is different and exotic
coppers like to stop old kids with wings on as they think we are the racing crowd, I don’t need that at my young age

looks really nice in the showroom and on the street

just thought I would try it without for a year

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.