Casual User
Mar 15, 2021
Southern Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Corvette HTC
Province
AB
Hi there, I put a deposit down on a 2021 HTC in October and was told by the dealer that its being picked up by GM on thursday and slated for production. my question to anyone out there is regarding price protection in regards to the recently increased cost of the car. I am reading that in the US anyone who had a 1100 code preliminary order would be price protected at the old list. Cant find any info about that in Canada either from dealer or GM Canada. Its only $1500 and not a deal breaker but if its possible to get the lower price, I'd like to.

Welcome to the tribe ...
Perhaps ask the Dealership if they will protect the price OR give you the equivalent in discounting of options.
Like a waiver of the admin fee (if applicable); a discounted extended warranty; throw in a car cover, splash guards or other accessories.
Throw in paint protection or whatever you can negotiate. Now is a good time to negotiate and not at delivery time.
This does open the opportunity for those who can negotiate and get something "included" with the increased pricing.
I am not saying it will work but it is the avenue that I would first try as accessories and add-ons are high-mark-up items that the Dealership can discount.
I know this from experience and that it will depend on the Dealership because it sadly seems that it doesn’t take much of any sales incentive for Dealers to sell a C8.
JMO

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.