Jun 7, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2008 C6
Province
BC
Hi there I own 2008 C6 with low mileage, 40,000 KMS, 24,000 miles. Has anyone had any problems with there rack and pinion steering???When I turn the corner to the right and crank hard on it while parking it is making strange noises. I just had a four wheel alignment and they could find nothing.

Is it perhaps the tires scrubbing against the pavement that is making the noise? The turning radius is tight, and with certain tires(RF) they make an awful noise with a tight radius turn.
We thought of that at the front end shop and they alo said it also could be that. As soon as it dries up a bit (rainy Vancouver) I'll try it again. thanks

Hi there I own 2008 C6 with low mileage, 40,000 KMS, 24,000 miles. Has anyone had any problems with there rack and pinion steering???When I turn the corner to the right and crank hard on it while parking it is making strange noises. I just had a four wheel alignment and they could find nothing.
It sounds like the Ackerman Effect. If it is Ackerman, it is simply the outside front wheels skipping to catch up with the turning circle of the inside turn wheels. That's the simplified explanation. We all experience this. Hopefully it is only this and not a problem with your ride.

1604708708178.png

Reactions: Area Z51 and Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread