Apr 19, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1989 corvette
Province
ON
Im asking this forum for help finding a good local Toronto place to repair the digital cluster ,the DELCOBOSE RADIO THAT CRACKLES BADLY, and the climate control unit that works but the warm and cool buttons do not respond to input. The climate control unit works well except for those two buttons.

Welcome to the forum.
I don't have any recommendations for T.O. but I can offer some info.
There is a U.S company, Battee.com whose specialty is the C4 instrument cluster.
The delcobose radio is a complicated beast, amps in each speaker, separate head and amp for the unit. There is a lot of info on the net for troubleshooting this so maybe you can narrow down the problem. If not you'll need to get your wallet out. Going to aftermarket can be done but takes some expertise to deal with the complex bose components. There are a number of U.S. suppliers that offer rebuilding services
The climate control buttons are, apparently, easy to clean, again a google search will turn up something.
There is info in this forum and good videos through Corvette Central.

Good Luck

Welcome to the forum.
I don't have any recommendations for T.O. but I can offer some info.
There is a U.S company, Battee.com whose specialty is the C4 instrument cluster.
The delcobose radio is a complicated beast, amps in each speaker, separate head and amp for the unit. There is a lot of info on the net for troubleshooting this so maybe you can narrow down the problem. If not you'll need to get your wallet out. Going to aftermarket can be done but takes some expertise to deal with the complex bose components. There are a number of U.S. suppliers that offer rebuilding services
The climate control buttons are, apparently, easy to clean, again a google search will turn up something.
There is info in this forum and good videos through Corvette Central.

Good Luck
2nd the plug for Battee.com, I bought new led bulbs from him for my ‘84 cluster and I had an issue of the lights flickering and not all brightly lit. He sent me complete details on how to fix solder joints and all works beautifull. He is more than just an online seller, he is a passionate C4 fan and very helpful

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Im asking this forum for help finding a good local Toronto place to repair the digital cluster ,the DELCOBOSE RADIO THAT CRACKLES BADLY, and the climate control unit that works but the warm and cool buttons do not respond to input. The climate control unit works well except for those two buttons.
When I had my C5, the temp control unit gave out...and Corvette Depot had a rebuilt unit that they sent me, and I returned my old one for a core refund. They had other units like the stereo available on a similar basis. They may have what you're looking for as well. As they're in Canada they're priced in Can $ and shipping fees tend to be less than the US dealers.

2nd the plug for Battee.com, I bought new led bulbs from him for my ‘84 cluster and I had an issue of the lights flickering and not all brightly lit. He sent me complete details on how to fix solder joints and all works beautifull. He is more than just an online seller, he is a passionate C4 fan and very helpful
Maybe he can help regarding low beams LED after installation is flickering when turned off. Help!!!😳😤

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread