Jul 27, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
1963 corvette
Province
USA
Hi, my name is Jim Simonson and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I just sold my award winning 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe (see photo)..I want to buy a 2021 Vette ! I did all the work myself including paint, this is my hobby. I have had the car more than 30 years and just want something new !!! I would like to know when I can order my 2021 Corvette?? The dealership does not have any answers !!! Thanks

Attachments

• Corvette Solon,Harley, 004.jpg
    Corvette Solon,Harley, 004.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Darrell D and Dik
Hi, my name is Jim Simonson and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I just sold my award winning 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe (see photo)..I want to buy a 2021 Vette ! I did all the work myself including paint, this is my hobby. I have had the car more than 30 years and just want something new !!! I would like to know when I can order my 2021 Corvette?? The dealership does not have any answers !!! Thanks

Welcome to the forum Jim. My advice is get to your dealer ASAP, find out how many deposits on a 2021 are ahead of you and if they expect enough allocation from GM to be able to fill the list. Pick a good dealer that doesn't BS you if you can. They know how many 2020's they were allocated so should have some idea of how many 2021's they will get. JMO

To add to Rruuff Day's good suggestions: at least look over or join the "U.S.A." Corvette forums (there are 2 well-known ones: the "midenginecorvetteforum" and "corvetteforum") which have a much wider US audience, to see what they say about dealers in your area and the ones who focus on Corvettes and have a good reputation, so you'll know who to contact. Given your former car (wow; what a beauty!), I'd wager you know some people in your area that can give you some good advice. Another good source of info is to talk to members of your local Corvette club(s) since they should readily know who best to deal with. Time is definitely of the essence for you (hurry!) due to the popularity of the C8 and the disappointed people who didn't get their 2020 orders filled, so hopefully you'll get a deposit in soon and before the 2021 orders can be submitted, which is right around the corner. You'll also find lists of the 2021 available options, so you can start planning your order in advance and be better organized when it's time to submit it. If you have to, go out of State to find the right dealer, so don't limit your choices if you want to guarantee getting a 2021, although more C8's will undoubtably be allocated to the States so perhaps you won't have the problems "your brothers North of the border" have been experiencing. Whatever you do, get the dealer to confirm any C8 you'll be getting will be sold for no more than MSRP and establish up front with your salesperson, that you'll be expecting periodic updates about what's happening with your order. Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hi Jim.

Cool to see you come a board and what a car! :cool:

I have considered buying a classic Corvette a few times but what I enjoy the most about a "new-ish" car is being able to hop in and drive. Just drive, man!

As for ordering a 2021 Vette, I would expect USA orders would be a higher priority (first) than orders from Canada. In my case, I ordered my 2019 in May of 2018 then I took delivery in mid-August 2018. My dealership said there is a long lead time for Corvettes. This experience probably has zero bearing on an order in the USA especially on a C8 Corvette.

Have you tried the GM website and "built" a C8? That should show you which years are available?

:Cheers2: 🇺🇲

Last edited:
  • Agree
Thank you for everyone that replied !!! Sorry for the delay, I am 73 years old and retired from Ford Motor Company and I am presently painting my home for something to do !!! LOL
Anyways back to the ordering of the 2021 Corvette, I picked a dealer in Ohio.....Ganley Chevrolet, Aurora, Ohio. I put down $ 1000.00 (which is refundable) and I am waiting for GM to start taking orders for the 2021 Corvette. I know exactly what I want, now that I have the correct code numbers for the 2021 Corvette which I gave to them.
No one knows when they are going to take orders for the 2021 Vette with all the Virus going around ??? They told me they sold ..12..... 2020 Corvettes last year.
( I hope he is telling the truth?) I do not know how to find that fact out?
Thank you............Great Forum !!!

Hi Jim. Thats about as good a plan you can make in my opinion. 12 cars seems like low volume to me but what would I know about the market in your neighborhood?

I found out today that the number is 16. There is a dealership called Tim Lally that is 101 (48 cars) on the top 100 list of top Corvette dealers in the Natiion on MidEnginecorvette site. They have a lot of numbers that would be ahead of me for orders for the 2021 Corvettes, so I guess I will stick with who I am with now and hope for the best. I have heard that GM will give out Corvettes to all dealerships, I am #1 on the list for the 2021 Corvette from this dealership for the order of 2021 Corvette. ! I also know that a lot of the 2020 Corvettes that will not be built so those people will be a head of me also.This is the first time I have ever order a Corvette, I always bought what was on the lot (regular cars). I can not believe how much is involved for buying a nearly $ 80,000. car ??? I hope to get the car next summer, maybe I am dreaming. I hope I get it !!
Jim

Hmmm. Interesting. Yes well its probably best to make a commitment to one dealership rather than play the field?

$80k ..... you realize that would be $250,00 Canadian dollars! ..... Lol. I'm just messing with you ... the exchange is not that extreme....yet.

Hey. Keep us posted. Ill follow a long....

Cheers!

OK.....I finished everything that I want to have on my C8 Corvette today at the dealership which includes: 2LT Option, mag shocks, Red Tint coat paint, Lift kit, High performance Exhaust, Chrome emblems, Battery charger kit, & Trident wheels. Cost came to $ 75,070.00 plus tax & license plates, etc. total cost $ 81,360.00. The car is 1100 at GM now. Now I just have to wait forever !!!!!
I ordered the mag shocks for a better ride but I do not know if that will help does anyone have these are there car?
Thanks, Jim

• Haha
Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.