Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Are you all waiting for winter to be over as much as I am? I hope you guys know that you are not restricted to just your regional area. Please feel free to reply to any of the other threads, or start new threads in the Corvette, Off Topic sections, etc. It's a National forum for everyone and I for one would like to hear about what people from all over Canada are doing. But, if you want to just hang out in Regional area, that's fine too. No Worries.

Riley,

On behalf of the GTA Posse, let me thank you for hosting this website. We have been waiting for a while for a suitable CFCE site to all hook up on.

Can you share with us your plans for development? If you need another moderator, I would love to throw my hat into the ring so to speak. Do you plan on having sponsors/vendors? Let us know your plans and we would all like to help make this the top meeting place (even for our southern cousins).

It is fantastic to see you guys here! We would like nothing more than to have a lot of great people posting and interacting here from across the Country. It looks like a great group so far and I have confidence that it will continue that way in the future!

Riley,

On behalf of the GTA Posse, let me thank you for hosting this website. We have been waiting for a while for a suitable CFCE site to all hook up on.

I don't know about you Pierre, but I think torontosharks is a suitable forum as well. Why almost everyone abandoned it, puzzles me.

I don't know about you Pierre, but I think torontosharks is a suitable forum as well. Why almost everyone abandoned it, puzzles me.

I don't think abandoned is the right word since you and I and others are still there. There isn't much activity but it never achieved critical mass. It would be nice to get a few more of the CFCE regulars here or there but a lot of guys can't be bothered keeping up with more than 1 forum so CF wins out because it has the most info.

Hey Stan. When Speaking with some GTA guys about why the Torontosharks never took off. The general theme I heard was that most felt they don't want to click on and see all bitch sessions about the other site. I did like Scube's daily babes post.:)

I know it can be frustrating to be changing forums or being members of multiple forums. We created this forum because we wanted a place where we could go to meet people from all over Canada and if there is something someone wants to discuss about Corvettes, or needs help with something, their Canadian Corvette brothers and sisters are here to comment/help. But we also liked having a regional section so each community can have their own area and post local information such as news/meet-ups/etc. I look forward to traveling this summer and being able to post in a region, or PM some people, so I can meet up with them and put a face to the car. I am excited about this community. I am very glad that the GTA has come to check the forum out and be part our community and that we can be part of yours. We are honored that Pierre offered to help and look forward to his input/suggestions/moderation. I look forward to getting to know people from the GTA, and the rest of Canada. If you have question/comments/concerns, please feel free to send me a PM. I hope we can make this a community that we can all be proud of! Thanks.

I agree with Mark. What I was looking for was a good PHP based forum, similar to CFCE for Canada. I honestly didn't feel that Toronto Sharks delivered the goodies other than Scube's Daily Babe post. I want to hear more from Canadians and use the CF as a reference point. Honestly tired of the American "we are better and smarter than you " rants" (I know that they are not all like that).

... I honestly didn't feel that Toronto Sharks delivered the goodies other than Scube's Daily Babe post...

If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem :D

J/K...

Whether it's this site or the other one, I hope Canadian show a little more unity this time. Frankly, I was really tired of all the baby sitting there...

If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem :D

J/K...

Whether it's this site or the other one, I hope Canadian show a little more unity this time. Frankly, I was really tired of all the baby sitting there...

That's it! I'm locking this thread! J/K. I hope you guys do find it different here and really enjoy yourselves. I know I am glad to be here and that you are here. I hope we can make this one kick butt Corvette community that everyone is proud of.

That's it! I'm locking this thread! J/K. I hope you guys do find it different here and really enjoy yourselves. I know I am glad to be here and that you are here. I hope we can make this one kick butt Corvette community that everyone is proud of.

As long as you don't send your mods to the CF Mods Charm School we should be good. :)

As long as you don't send your mods to the CF Mods Charm School we should be good. :)

Peter et al,

I had a great discussion with the group last night. Lots of things I will not say on an open forum, however I can say this. The forum was born out of the need to have a strong Canadian image and allow us to be expressive (as Canadians do) while respectful of language, religions and choices. It remains evident that the CF guys/mods don't understand Canadians or our brand of humour and as such, we get sent to banned camp without understanding what the offense was all too often. I am really excited about this place and we all have a chance to morph it into something spectacular of Canadian and international identity. We need to get the rest of the Posse here asap.

Peter et al,

I had a great discussion with the group last night. Lots of things I will not say on an open forum, however I can say this. The forum was born out of the need to have a strong Canadian image and allow us to be expressive (as Canadians do) while respectful of language, religions and choices. It remains evident that the CF guys/mods don't understand Canadians or our brand of humour and as such, we get sent to banned camp without understanding what the offense was all too often. I am really excited about this place and we all have a chance to morph it into something spectacular of Canadian and international identity. We need to get the rest of the Posse here asap.

I hear you buddy but more often than not it was not our sense of humour that caused the problems, it was how they chose to police things. The biggest dustups in recent memory on CF were a result of thread hijacking by people with ulterior motives or less than best intentions toward the thread originators. My viewpoint on this is simple, if your only interest in a thread is to criticise, slag, or otherwise offend people then back away from the keyboard because more often than not it will only cause problems. The CF mods do a terrible job of "nipping in the bud". They always seem to react only after it gets out of hand.

I am very hopeful that we can get the rest of the gang over here and keep the trouble-makers away. If you guys want any help, I'll gladly offer my services.

BTW remind me next time we talk to tell you about my e-mail exchange with the folks at Internet Brands who run CF.

Well, I'm not sure about their school, but I think this forum is doing a great job of teaching me what people are looking for. As for your quote below...

I hear you buddy but more often than not it was not our sense of humour that caused the problems, it was how they chose to police things. The biggest dustups in recent memory on CF were a result of thread hijacking by people with ulterior motives or less than best intentions toward the thread originators. My viewpoint on this is simple, if your only interest in a thread is to criticise, slag, or otherwise offend people then back away from the keyboard because more often than not it will only cause problems. The CF mods do a terrible job of "nipping in the bud". They always seem to react only after it gets out of hand.

I am very hopeful that we can get the rest of the gang over here and keep the trouble-makers away. If you guys want any help, I'll gladly offer my services.

Good comments DigitalZ, I hope we can keep this forum a great place (as everyone does), and keep the thread hijacking to a minimum where 'people with ulterior motives or less than best intentions toward the thread originators' put up posts that start to trash this place. If you see any of this, please inform me, or Pierre, and we will get it dealt with. Sometimes, a thread goes a little off topic, or someone posts something that is not related to the thread, out of innocence as a thought just came up, or they want to ask someone a quick question who is involved with the thread, and for now, I do not wish to interfere with this, but just let it flow as long as it does not bother the original poster. I am learning as we go and hopefully we can continue to make this place better and better! I know you were talking to Pierre about the CF Mods, but I am glad to hear what you said as it gives me insight to what people are looking for and if I am doing a good job, let me know, if there are ways I can improve, please tell me. This is our community and I will continue to do my best to make this a place where we all want to be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.