It's almost certain to be a kit car. However, your first question of the seller is how is it titled? What does it say on the registration/ownership/title papers in the jurisdiction it's located in now?

Is it registered as a Corvette? If so, which year? Does it meet all the emissions, safety and bumper standards for that year? Probably not. :confused:

Until you have it in writing from the federal government that you can import it, please don't buy it.

Thank you,I am going to ask him about that.It will be sad if I can't bring it across can't find them here.Or I am not sure if anybody builds them in canada?

I went on the site riv.ca and it did not list the year of the car.I saw a picture of a Daytona a hockey player had a picture taken with but not sure if it was built here in quebec or not,its an old picture.Well its in color but the clothes says its like the 70 or 80.Complicated,oh boy I hope not.To find this in canada I saw one and it sold awhile back and to find another one in Canada that's like a pin the haystack.Don't love going through government BS sorry but that's how I feel.I understand the laws but I don't have to like them.

Yes.

I found their website confusing. I'm glad to say I found my car in Canada anyways. However, I almost bought in the states, and calling them was very helpful. I suggest you try the same.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress!

They actually used to be made in Guelph , Ontario .

I thinkg that they went out of business 10 years ago .

I actually went through the shop before they closed .

As I remember those cars we VIN'ed as C3 Corvette's and not kit cars . The orginal VIN that came with each car was used for ther build .

I will see what else I can come up with for you .

They actually used to be made in Guelph , Ontario .

I thinkg that they went out of business 10 years ago .

I actually went through the shop before they closed .

As I remember those cars we VIN'ed as C3 Corvette's and not kit cars . The orginal VIN that came with each car was used for ther build .

I will see what else I can come up with for you .

Thank you for the help

Why would that be a problem?:canada:

Due to the make and VIN tag on the vehicle.

Had the builder simply left the Corvette VIN alone, it would have been admissable as a Corvette with a customized body, because that's what it is.

However, for marketing reasons, the builder chose to re-VIN the car as a California Daytona Spyder, and so it's no longer considered a Corvette in the eye of the government....therefore, it's non-admissible for import.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.