Welcome to the forum Veteeple. Tell us your story...Is this your first Vette?... And we will want pictures.... we like pictures here.... :D

Welcome to the forum Veteeple. Tell us your story...Is this your first Vette?... And we will want pictures.... we like pictures here.... :D
Thanks for the warm welcome, Rruuff Day! Yes, my first vet after wanting one since I was a kid (a long time ago) lol. After searching Kijiji, AutoTrader, private adds for ever I finally bit last fall. I was after a C6 convertible, with 6-speed trany. Found a show room condition, single original owner, 2006 with 21,000kms. The man I bought it from treated it like gold- an elderly man, he was heart broken to give it up but entering retirement he convinced himself (and his wife) that it was best to pass it along.
Only had it on the road for a couple of months before storing for the winter. In process of buying new tires to replace the original GoodYears and will likely put a new Borla exhaust on in the spring. Hopefully it arrives soon. Sorry, if I bored you with the above! I guess I have developed a case of Vet OCD. Will post some pics once I have figured out the process. Again, thanks for the warm welcome!!

Reactions: ddgermann
Welcome to CCF ... although warmer and sunny ... not much vette entertainment to offer here in YYC yet too .... back to hibernation I guess .... big welcome ...

Last edited:
5A24CC95-6FCC-4B4B-8F73-A3DCE0307112.jpeg
0ED84A4C-498A-47A7-87DE-31D06EC9858E.jpeg
7B4F2B21-2D37-4CD5-AE7D-F691D810679F.jpeg
5A24CC95-6FCC-4B4B-8F73-A3DCE0307112.jpeg
0ED84A4C-498A-47A7-87DE-31D06EC9858E.jpeg
We got hit with snow last night.. not used to it here...luckily it is a weekend or the whole place would have been snarled-up! LOL
The Vettes are in the garage under cover.....Spring will be here soon enough.
The Monte is sitting outside under a blanket of snow.
It’s 4-5degrees out right now so it will melt away very soon.
Graham

View attachment 14838 View attachment 14839 View attachment 14840 View attachment 14838 View attachment 14839 We got hit with snow last night.. not used to it here...luckily it is a weekend or the whole place would have been snarled-up! LOL
The Vettes are in the garage under cover.....Spring will be here soon enough.
The Monte is sitting outside under a blanket of snow.
It’s 4-5degrees out right now so it will melt away very soon.
Graham
Wow !! That’s a pretty good bit of accumulation for your area.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Rruuff Day! Yes, my first vet after wanting one since I was a kid (a long time ago) lol. After searching Kijiji, AutoTrader, private adds for ever I finally bit last fall. I was after a C6 convertible, with 6-speed trany. Found a show room condition, single original owner, 2006 with 21,000kms. The man I bought it from treated it like gold- an elderly man, he was heart broken to give it up but entering retirement he convinced himself (and his wife) that it was best to pass it along.
Only had it on the road for a couple of months before storing for the winter. In process of buying new tires to replace the original GoodYears and will likely put a new Borla exhaust on in the spring. Hopefully it arrives soon. Sorry, if I bored you with the above! I guess I have developed a case of Vet OCD. Will post some pics once I have figured out the process. Again, thanks for the warm welcome!!

Well then. Another congrats on what sounds like a great find. My first was similar. It was a 2009 coupe, 6 speed manual also in show room from the original owner. He was about my age which is fairly ancient but he wanted the new C7 in a bad way and ordered one a year in advance. So he advertised his C6 in March 2013 and I had been shopping since December and happened upon his ad the first day he posted. Him and his wife both had tears in their eyes when I took possession. And even worse, it was a year before he would take possession of his C7. And like you, I installed a Corsa exhaust and loved it. Another thing I did with mine was have the front end camber and castor adjusted to a close to zero set point. The front tires on mine when I got it showed the inside edges wore off right to the cords.... Common with track performance front end set up. I did this with my C7 right away. If you're not tracking your Vette, this will double the life of your front tires. Just a tip.... If you need any help posting pictures, let me know.

Eric

Well then. Another congrats on what sounds like a great find. My first was similar. It was a 2009 coupe, 6 speed manual also in show room from the original owner. He was about my age which is fairly ancient but he wanted the new C7 in a bad way and ordered one a year in advance. So he advertised his C6 in March 2013 and I had been shopping since December and happened upon his ad the first day he posted. Him and his wife both had tears in their eyes when I took possession. And even worse, it was a year before he would take possession of his C7. And like you, I installed a Corsa exhaust and loved it. Another thing I did with mine was have the front end camber and castor adjusted to a close to zero set point. The front tires on mine when I got it showed the inside edges wore off right to the cords.... Common with track performance front end set up. I did this with my C7 right away. If you're not tracking your Vette, this will double the life of your front tires. Just a tip.... If you need any help posting pictures, let me know.

Eric
Can you recommend a setting for my fronts when I get the new rubber installed Eric?

Take a look at your fronts first Mike. If the inside edge isn't wearing (and you will notice if it is), you may already be set up with a more positive setting. From memory only, I think they rolled me back from about a -4.7 to a -0.7 camber. I can't remember the caster or the toe settings. If you want to post this question in the C6 forum, I'm sure you will get lots of feedback. I think it was Stephane (theboss) who had posted some of his adjustments sheets some time ago.

Take a look at your fronts first Mike. If the inside edge isn't wearing (and you will notice if it is), you may already be set up with a more positive setting. From memory only, I think they rolled me back from about a -4.7 to a -0.7 camber. I can't remember the caster or the toe settings. If you want to post this question in the C6 forum, I'm sure you will get lots of feedback. I think it was Stephane (theboss) who had posted some of his adjustments sheets some time ago.
I’ll send him a PM in the morning asking what he’d recommend. Thanks Eric.

I’m curious now what shag will say when I get them to change the tires over come spring. As well,would the factory settings provide an even wear pattern? I would think so. i would hope so.

Welcome Jim.

Congratulations on finding a great Corvette. In my experience sometimes when you are buying a used Corvette the owner is interviewing you more than you are him about the car. These are the ones to buy.... if you survive the interview.

Sounds like you did well.

Have fun with these guys. They are an encyclopedia of fun.

Derek.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.