Mar 20, 2011
thorold
VetteCoins
Car
Just dropping in to say hi. I've been a member of corvetteforum.com and just stumbled on this forum today. Took the vette out for the first time today since winter storage and smoked the clutch. Good way to start off the driving season :D

Welcome to the forum! Very glad to have you here! Sorry that your clutch did not have the same plans as you although the year is just starting so there is a lot of time left to get a new one for the prime season!

I hope you feel at home here!

Welcome to the forum... is your car modded or did the cluctch live a long happy life before leaving us? :)

Nah not really go-fast mods. Just a halltech intake, B&B bullets, slotted and ported front rotors, and Z06 chrome rims.

And the car only has about 120,000km on it but I beat on it ALOT. Factory clutch I assume. I bought it used 4 years ago. I'm actually starting to think its the slave cylinder failing cause I have no pedal pressure in the first 2-3 inches of travel. And the pedal went mushy after all the smoke started pouring out from the hood of my car.

Welcome to the board! Holy crap.....120,000kms! lol

I got about 13,000kms out of my stock clutch....It didn't like the horsepower i added last year and lasted about 2000kms after the mods....so in went a Monster Level 3. :coolgleam:

:seeya:

Welcome to the board! Holy crap.....120,000kms! lol

I got about 13,000kms out of my stock clutch....It didn't like the horsepower i added last year and lasted about 2000kms after the mods....so in went a Monster Level 3. :coolgleam:

:seeya:

How are you liking that clutch? I've was thinking about a monster level 1 and resurfacing the old flywheel. They are the only brand I can't find a bad review on so far.

I love mine. Holds the power very well with a great pedal feel considering it's power level. I believe you need to use their flywheel. I don't think the clutch works with factory style flywheel. Not to mention i've never seen them advertised seperately....don't think you can buy just the clutch on it's own. Either way...great clutches IMO.

I love mine. Holds the power very well with a great pedal feel considering it's power level. I believe you need to use their flywheel. I don't think the clutch works with factory style flywheel. Not to mention i've never seen them advertised seperately....don't think you can buy just the clutch on it's own. Either way...great clutches IMO.

Your right its a package deal. I must have been thinking of another brand. I've looked at so many the last couple days I'm all mixed up lol.
[mob][/mob]

ACT are a great clutch as well. I have sold quite a few of those for the Corvette with great results. You are able to retain your stock flywheel as well.

I'm not an aftermarket clutch expert but I've put 6,000 kms on my Ram HD clutch after I bought the car and 3,000 on it after I went to 430 RWHP and it's performing great... I have no complaints at all. Not very expensive and only just machined the stock flywheel.

Depending on the price points, I wouldn't shy away from the advice you're getting from our more learned members but please remember also that online reviews are usually tainted by all the people that had something BAD to say... people that are happy with something rarely make it a point to say something in support of a product online.

Only my $0.02 with the clutch I have in my car.

Your right its a package deal. I must have been thinking of another brand. I've looked at so many the last couple days I'm all mixed up lol.
[mob][/mob]

Did I mention I was a Monster Dealer :D

Got your PM ..........give a call and we will get you looked after .

I'm not an aftermarket clutch expert but I've put 6,000 kms on my Ram HD clutch after I bought the car and 3,000 on it after I went to 430 RWHP and it's performing great... I have no complaints at all. Not very expensive and only just machined the stock flywheel.

Depending on the price points, I wouldn't shy away from the advice you're getting from our more learned members but please remember also that online reviews are usually tainted by all the people that had something BAD to say... people that are happy with something rarely make it a point to say something in support of a product online.

Well said ......another very good option is either the LS7 or ZR1 clutch , both are fairly well priced and will provide some very good performance

Yup...RAM's are a decent brand as well!

Well said ......another very good option is either the LS7 or ZR1 clutch , both are fairly well priced and will provide some very good performance

Great more options! In the last 24 hours I went from wanting a LS6 clutch, to a mcleod, to a spec,to a centerforce, to a monster lol. And I'm still not sure!
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.