Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
OK, I have officially had it with my C5 lighting system. Driving home late last night I realized that a GM performance car is only to be driven in the day time. I could not see a thing.

So I am going to make a change and I wonder what you folks have found in the aftermarket. My first thought is a hurricane lamp with a lit candle lag screwed into the hood, major improvement. Second is something like Radio Flyer but I want to keep the original operating system with lights up and down. I don't want to play the high beam game with on coming drivers when the lows are on.

There is lots of bulb technology out there. Some very bright and intense. So I wonder what is legal in lefty land Ontario and perhaps more importantly what works without blinding oncoming drivers.

Anyone made the conversion? Any input would be appreciated.

I ordered a set of the Radioflyer ACA's last week. They haven't arrived yet, but I'll let you know how they work out once they get here. I wanted to retain the original look of the pop up lights, and the ACA's seem to have amazing reviews. I think Wayne (FordPrefect) has a set on his car. :D

Ryan

N20Vette is correct, I've got the lights from Radioflyer and love them. Excellent coverage and I'm not blinding other drivers. Had the twilight sensor (or whatever it's called) defeated so the lights no longer pop up when I start the car in the garage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.