I use the Absorber ... available year round at Canadian Tire
Referred to it by @ddgermann (thx Brother :thumbs:)

Got my Wife to choose the Absorber color she liked and she loves using hers too.
Now that really cut my drying time by half :joyful:
1577036554713.png

Last edited:
No towel ever touches my car don't care how good they are.

Break out the Master Blaster and get it done. Best thing I have ever bought for my Corvette.

View attachment 34334
I have one but I find towels are faster. With the blaster i can't get all the way around the car before water spots start. I use the blaster to get water out of the areas that will bleed water when I am going down the road. Mirrors, headlights......

Reactions: Vegas1500
I use the large Dry Me Crazy's purchased from Auto Obsessed in Edmonton. They are pricy but I am able to dry the entire car without having to wring out. These are by far the thickest and fluffiest towels I have ever seen. I purchased 2 small and 2 large and will not use anything else now. Try one and see for yourself!!

Reactions: RockyPM and Riley P
I use a California blade to quickly get rid of 90% of the water off my car, then microfiber towels to take care of the little bits of water. I have no idea if I would use this on a black car, but pewter doesn't show any swirls or other marks from this procedure.

Reactions: Bixter44
Ok zig-man
microfibre madness I need to buy 100 bucks from auto obsessed to get a free towel any ideas, do they make that dry me crazy towel and if so what other ones do I need. Your loving friend for next year. Jeffy

Thanks for the feature guys. We really appreciate.

Microfibers are a vast and complex universe. Most of the drying towels showed here on the video are twisted loop piles which is one of many kind of drying towels but are really average really great towels - not the softest to the touch, but that has great absoption capacity, high GSM and works particularly great on paint and glass. There is also waffle weave towels that I am sure you guys knows that works great but these not recommended for soft paint and plush towels for more delicate surfaces.

One thing you should look for is a towel that has a certain pile height, this helps reducing marring or micro-scratch that can be made while drying your car since if you comes up with a particule of dust, there will be room for it far from the contact area of the microfiber (assuming you don't use pressure when drying your car). Compared to waffle weave which has barely zero pile height, you will drag that particule across the paintwork and induce swirls.

If any of you have questions regarding microfibers in general or our products, feel free to contact us in the CCF - we'll be glad to help!

Thanks for the feature guys. We really appreciate.

Microfibers are a vast and complex universe. Most of the drying towels showed here on the video are twisted loop piles which is one of many kind of drying towels but are really average really great towels - not the softest to the touch, but that has great absoption capacity, high GSM and works particularly great on paint and glass. There is also waffle weave towels that I am sure you guys knows that works great but these not recommended for soft paint and plush towels for more delicate surfaces.

One thing you should look for is a towel that has a certain pile height, this helps reducing marring or micro-scratch that can be made while drying your car since if you comes up with a particule of dust, there will be room for it far from the contact area of the microfiber (assuming you don't use pressure when drying your car). Compared to waffle weave which has barely zero pile height, you will drag that particule across the paintwork and induce swirls.

If any of you have questions regarding microfibers in general or our products, feel free to contact us in the CCF - we'll be glad to help!

I can assure you the wooly mammoth towel from Chemical guys is not “average”. One of the softest most absorbing towels I have ever used....but being you don’t sell them, I get your opinion.

I can assure you the wooly mammoth towel from Chemical guys is not “average”. One of the softest most absorbing towels I have ever used....but being you don’t sell them, I get your opinion.
Hey Vegas,
I mistyped that sentence, you should have read "but are really average really great towels". I will correct my text if I can
I did have a mammoth in hands for a while and these are superb, don't get me wrong. I just pointed out that there is so many different drying towels pattern and style. Twisted loop is indeed not the softest to the touch, compared to a plush towel (Like Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy or Optimum Ultimate Drying Towel - just to name different brand), but twisted loop has more absorption capacity and usually higher GSM since more material is needed to made those. I did not jump in here to brag about our stuff and say the rest is junk. My apologies if it sounded like that! We're in 2020, there's so many great detailing brands out there, Chemical Guys sure is one of them.

Hey Vegas,
I mistyped that sentence, you should have read "but are really average really great towels". I will correct my text if I can
I did have a mammoth in hands for a while and these are superb, don't get me wrong. I just pointed out that there is so many different drying towels pattern and style. Twisted loop is indeed not the softest to the touch, compared to a plush towel (Like Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy or Optimum Ultimate Drying Towel - just to name different brand), but twisted loop has more absorption capacity and usually higher GSM since more material is needed to made those. I did not jump in here to brag about our stuff and say the rest is junk. My apologies if it sounded like that! We're in 2020, there's so many great detailing brands out there, Chemical Guys sure is one of them.
I am always looking for a better towel for drying vehicles. I just got 2 of your Dreadnought XL towels. I am impressed with how heavy they are for the size. I am sure they will absorb a lot of water. The weather on the prairies is warming up so the roads will be a mess soon, the truck will be needing washed and I will be trying out your towels later this week.

Hey Vegas,
Thanks.....appreciate the response. Will give one of yours a try.....

No towel ever touches my car don't care how good they are.

Break out the Master Blaster and get it done. Best thing I have ever bought for my Corvette.

View attachment 34334

I installed a 20 amp circuit in my garage yesterday. Ordered a MasterBlaster last night as well. I'll let you know what I think soon!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread