BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
My foreman is back from his twice yearly visit to Comox where his brother and nephew live and play. Here’s a few pics of “catch of the day” from last week. I’m certainly glad I don’t eat this stuff. As much as I’ve tried to like fish over the years,this just makes me wanna puke !

And I’m from Nova Scotia too where everyone likes and eats fish/lobster except my sister and myself. I’ve tried lobster 3 times in my life as a kid and again once about 15 years ago. For me,its the texture of it I think,as well as the smell. My chew and swallow mechanism shuts down as soon as it touches my lips.

Anyway,Tim said the big Ling Cod weighed in at 27.3 lbs.

The 2 smaller ones are rock cod.
BAF78FF9-AD06-4660-BB60-666EF9C98E1A.jpeg
8DA8F74B-FC9F-49C9-B372-76A0A8FC602F.jpeg
157D3A7C-B041-4136-8395-39C8BC58D3A0.jpeg
159DA4CE-5B91-449B-A17B-90EA10606B3C.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a good Ling. A very tasty fish.... for those of us that like fish that is...
What’s the average size/weight of a Ling? Where does a 27 pounder rate? I guessed it to be closer to 35/40 when I first saw the pic. Tim also said there was a whole octopus in its belly that had yet to be digested when they started cleaning it.

Reactions: LE BARON
Average is about 20 but they can grow to over 80 lbs. Commercial fisherman size they like about 10 lbs but anywhere up to about 35 are still great eating... They are a voraciuos eater... Pretty much anything they can catch they will eat..Octopus are favs for Halibut as well... . We've caught them trolling spoons or cut-baits for salmon lots too...

Average is about 20 but they can grow to over 80 lbs. Commercial fisherman size they like about 10 lbs but anywhere up to about 35 are still great eating... They are a voraciuos eater... Pretty much anything they can catch they will eat..Octopus are favs for Halibut as well... . We've caught them trolling spoons or cut-baits for salmon lots too...
These were caught in water 40 feet deep just off the Comox shoreline Tim said. His brother had caught a bigger one the next day that broke the line just as the gaff hook was reaching for it. They put up a good fight as well he stated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.