Musabi13

Casual User
Apr 9, 2017
Sudbury, On
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Corvette Z06
Hi guys,

I am still in love with this car which is making it all the more difficult that I can't drive it. I'm over my 800km break in period with my car and drove to the dealership for the prescribed oil change but was told (after standing around for 2 hours) that they didn't have the oil. A waste of time and money as I took work off to do this. It is now a week later and I am told the oil is backordered.

The oil in question is Mobil 1 Dexos 2 0W40 that is new for this year.

I'm just curious if any other 2019 Z06 owners have had this issue or it is just my local dealership lying to me because they are dropping the ball? I have GM Canada involved now so we will see if they can help as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8717.JPG
    IMG_8717.JPG
    967.4 KB · Views: 90
Drive to another dealer Man. It makes no difference what Chevy dealer you take the car too.
I’m sure the new dealer would be happy to have your business. The dealer you got your car from SUCKS.
They could have went to Canadian Tire or another dealer for the oil in 15 minutes.
Raise some serious hell over this BS.
That’s just not right.

Hi guys,

I am still in love with this car which is making it all the more difficult that I can't drive it. I'm over my 800km break in period with my car and drove to the dealership for the prescribed oil change but was told (after standing around for 2 hours) that they didn't have the oil. A waste of time and money as I took work off to do this. It is now a week later and I am told the oil is backordered.

The oil in question is Mobil 1 Dexos 2 0W40 that is new for this year.

I'm just curious if any other 2019 Z06 owners have had this issue or it is just my local dealership lying to me because they are dropping the ball? I have GM Canada involved now so we will see if they can help as well.

Thanks!
Congrats beautiful colour
I had no issues with waiting for the oil when I showed up for my 800km oil change a couple of weeks ago in toronto without an appointment .IMG_6779.jpg

Reactions: ccltj and YFCvii
Unreal ... first it's my unanticipated development of a pet-peeve for getting Mobil 1 included ...
and now I hear about this ...
People in any Dealership make the Dealership and until this Dealership gets the right People, I would run like hell. Somebody or more there, isn't even trying. It seems to appear that it may be about the cost of obtaining a supply of something required by what they sell. Someone didn't order stock, reimbursement of the inclusive service by GM will not cover the outlay of their "rush" need. Find a Dealer who has the right people who have anticipated the very basic and purchase-inclusive needs of your awesome Corvette and who will simply respect your GM purchase ... (it will need to be a Dealership who can sell and service a Corvette though - so I have found from continuing to find a preferred servicing Dealer in my YYC area)

... let us know how this goes for you - and we're hoping you find quick satisfaction ...
... until then I can't bug you that your car tag is showing as a " 2015 BMW 435i " ;)
... I also see that being in Sudbury might have your hands tied with Dealership options

Last edited:
Unfortunately there isn't another dealer that can work on Corvettes within a 2 hour radius of me, so I am still playing with kid gloves. I did do a bit of research and even the dealership I bought it from doesn't have the oil (bought it from Dean Myres in Toronto and they so far have been pretty great I have to say). I even called Dean Myers supplier and they can't find the oil.

It's interesting to hear about you guys who have had no issues getting your car in for an oil change. I'm wondering if they were just using the regular Mobil 1 0W40 and not the specific Dexos 2 stuff for 2019 C7Z's? For the guys/gals who have had their 2019 C7's serviced did you see that it was the Dexos 2 oil?

The positive thing is now that I have GM Canada involved hopefully they will either help me get the oil or whip my local dealership into shape. The woman I talked to today was very apologetic but we will see if it gets anywhere! I'll keep everyone informed =)

Love this community by the way - so much outrage on my behalf! I am pretty pissed but also patient to see what comes of this.

As far as I know your car will take either oil but the Mobil 1 is recommended as per the info in your owners manual kit. I really don’t think it would be a big drama putting in the Dexos on this oil change to get past the break in change. At least you could enjoy your car.
It if was me I would have that done “gratis” by the dealer and do a short change to Mobil 1 after a while. That’s the one that would be counted as your free break in oil change. Then you still have the 4 free ones left.
Any decent dealer would do that for you. But it seems this dealer is taking advantage of your situation.
This dealer must not sell many Corvettes. They clearly do not understand the corvette customer.
I pull into my dealer any time unannounced and instantly get my oil changed with Mobil 1 in the lube bay. Done it on 3 corvettes now. Never an issue. Plus they clean the car inside and out for free before I leave.
Hope you get somebody there to treat you properly as well. You bought a $100k car not a cheap ass mini-van.

PS: we are glad to have you here. :thumbs:

I'm 300km from my first oil change--is the Dexo's 0W40 just for the 2019? I have a 2017, so assuming I can use the 'normal' stuff..
OP--awesome colour..WOW!

APRIL 20 - 2018 release
PLEASE NOTE - CANADIAN GM DEALERSHIP SHOP FOREMANS
(not the service desk personnel)
SHOULD ALL BE ABLE TO COMFIRM FOR YOU THAT ALL DRY-SUMP
CORVETTES UNDER THE CAR-CARE PROGRAM OIL CHANGES
ARE TO RECEIVE ..... MOBIL 1 .....
... this document also covers the 2019 Spec for you ...
... also covered is that dry-sump get the 5th car-care program break-in oil change ...
... non-Z51 Stingray Owners may have to sadly argue hard to get Mobil 1 for car-care program oil changes ...

do not accept that these documents are for USA only - they are for North America
any argument against is motivated by Dealer/GM reimbursement disagreements
and should not be tolerated by Dry-Sump Corvette Purchasers at all
(I was fortunate to receive this document from my Spring Service Shop Foreman)
Grrrrrr .....

ncad20180421_87.jpg
ncad20180421_88.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 300km from my first oil change--is the Dexo's 0W40 just for the 2019? I have a 2017, so assuming I can use the 'normal' stuff..
OP--awesome colour..WOW!

Your 17 Z06 should take this. I dug this from my 17 Z06 manual. They clearly say Mobil 1 is recommended and it Looks like 0W40 is for the 19 yes.
However there are 100s if not 1000s of corvettes driving around with something other than Mobil 1. (But not mine). Haha

526F4682-F696-472C-8C5D-C443D0D6733A.png

C790C0A7-7CA8-45B2-92FD-2F3521E5767B.png

C5961EFC-2764-4032-9BB3-AE68B8B563A0.png

Well I read through my manual again and it looks like the same oil the 2018s and earlier can be used in this car too, the Dexos 1 5W40. I am thinking that perhaps the Dexos 2 0W40 being more towards track use it has something to do with trying to cure the overheating issues? I will be calling my dealership tomorrow to see if they have this oil at least. The change just happened and there aren't many 2019s on the road so I'm not surprised this hasn't come up before.

Thanks so much for the support!

Attachments

• IMG_8889.JPG
    IMG_8889.JPG
    647.9 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: ddgermann
Lol... there are lots of alternative oils out there... Pennzoil, Amsoil, Castrol, etc. A little research and every manufacturer has a comparitive synthetic oil that would do just fine... We just gravitate towards Mobil 1 cause GM has been recommending it for the Corvette since 1993.... Sweet... nice 25 year contract for Mobil... wonder how much they paid for that advertising...

Ok we can put our pitchforks away! It looks like my dealership came through for me, albeit much slower than I would have liked. I got my oil changed into the Dexos 1 5W40 that all other Corvettes use, and they will have the Dexos 2 0W40 shipped to them by the end of next week. Definitely looked like a supply issue but GM Canada should have expected that I think. Drove my vette today and I'm still in love!! 😄😊☺️😱😁

As far as I know your car will take either oil but the Mobil 1 is recommended as per the info in your owners manual kit. I really don’t think it would be a big drama putting in the Dexos on this oil change to get past the break in change. At least you could enjoy your car.
It if was me I would have that done “gratis” by the dealer and do a short change to Mobil 1 after a while. That’s the one that would be counted as your free break in oil change. Then you still have the 4 free ones left.
Any decent dealer would do that for you. But it seems this dealer is taking advantage of your situation.
This dealer must not sell many Corvettes. They clearly do not understand the corvette customer.
I pull into my dealer any time unannounced and instantly get my oil changed with Mobil 1 in the lube bay. Done it on 3 corvettes now. Never an issue. Plus they clean the car inside and out for free before I leave.
Hope you get somebody there to treat you properly as well. You bought a $100k car not a cheap ass mini-van.

PS: we are glad to have you here. :thumbs:

I totally agree with ddgermann. When I first bought my Z06 in North Vancouver, my son and I took it on a road trip to California the next day. We visited my sister in Kelseyville, CA, and I had the first service done at the dealership in Lakeport.............no issues. Then, I had another service done at my North Van dealership before heading back to Saskatchewan...........no issues. Since then I've had two more oil changes at Sherwood GM in Saskatoon and they have been great. One of those services was "unannounced", and it was completed promptly with a full car clean up. Unfortunately, in your situation, you're dealing with a dealership you didn't purchase the car from, so you don't have the additional "weight" to throw around. In situations like this, I like to approach the sales manager, and say, "Hey, I bought this car from you, and I'm having trouble getting it serviced. Maybe I won't be buying any more vehicles from you....." There is nothing a sales manager loves more than to bitch slap the service manager......lol. You have to hit them where it hurts, and believe me, sales manager's jobs/income are based on repeat customers. The service manager couldn't give a s**t.....until the sales manager shows up, and then there is the potential of this working its way up to the big boss.... It sounds like there might have been a change on the recommended oil from my 2017, which is causing the issue. You might want to talk to the service manager and see if they would be willing to reimburse you if you were to go down to Canadian Tire and provide them with the oil yourself.......??? Good luck with it. Sorry you are having a bad experience. I'm sure things will turn around.

PS: Woops, replied before going through the whole thread...... Glad to hear the problem is resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.