I'm New Here
You're 5
Jan 8, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1961 C1
Province
ON
Has any one a good understanding on how the makeup and positioning of the roof bars is, had a new soft top fitted , to a new to this car roof frame , fits ok looks good but will not fit in the storage area , And can not find good drawings of all bars To be sure frame is built correct , tried pulling all roof fabric out from between the bars still pushing up lid about 1/2 inch each side , this is on a 1971 C1 , total restoration so nothing is original , have a great day , and be safe

if in no hurry when i get my 61 out of storage i can send u some pics of roof up down I/2 up down etc.. car in packed away in container 2 cars deep..

or ill check as i was restoring it if i have pics of roof. i never changed roof out yet... ran out of $$ and bought c7..

Last edited:
What do you need? Roof bow spacing measurements or pics during and after installation of top?
Replaced the bows and soft top on our 62 last summer think I have measurement specs in my project book. One thing I found was that we needed to adjust both mounting brackets on each side and the lower one behind the seat was adjusted to get the top to pack down and allow the cover to close.
Let me know if I can help
Bob

Attachments

• 20190702_133321.jpg
    20190702_133321.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    480.8 KB · Views: 21
That will help a lot thank you, i can see now they put the second bar in backwards , thanks and be safe

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.