This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

help..tried everything and car still hard starts

Apr 19, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1989 corvette
Province
ON
89 C4 CORVETTE TAKES 8 - 10 CRANKS BEFORE CAR WILL START . SOMETIMES THE BATTERY WILL DIE IF I TRY TOO MUCH.
The car idles fine around 800 and runs amazingly great once started..if it starts.
i have replaced the following...sparkplugs AC DELCO, WIRES,DISTRIBUTOR CAP AND ROTOR, 8 FUEL INJECTORS bOSCH III , FRESH GAS, FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, NO VACUUM LEAKS,
THE CAR SMELLS LIKE ITS FLOODED when trying to start sometimes .
fule pump , and prsssure all good, fuses all good
any suggestions?

I forgot to mention i also replaced the IAC and that did not help...it takes many cranks when cold and even more cranks when hot. it eventually fires up and runs great.
The car is unreliable to take out for a drive and just wont restart without pulling out what ever hair i have left.

I thought I would comment on a succesful fix on my corvette 89 C4 HARD START.
AFTER REPLACING, 8 fuel injectors , ,WIRES , SPARK PLUGS, IGNTION COIL , Idle control valve and cleaning throttle body nothing worked. Car still had a bad hard start.
My final and succesful cure was the computer. I removed the computer and took it to a guy that fixes radios and tvs had him open it and check out all the resistors , solders, capacitors etc . He found a few bad capaictors and resitors..replaced with new ones and all worked great. Car starts everytime now!

Cool! Thanks for the update! Glad you got it sorted out!

Glad you solved it. Mines been in the shop for 3 weeks now trying to sort out a rough running issue. I hope to get it back this Friday I'll post my tale of woe then.

Reactions: OL Yeller

Users who are viewing this thread