Mr. 7-11

I'm New Here
Sep 26, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
Convertible C6
Province
MB
Hello, I have a 2009 C6 convertable. My issue that has come to light is that the tonneau cover locking mechanism has stopped working. The litte motor that locks down the cover died!
GM has discontinued these parts. Any idea where I could get a replacement or a place to maybe repair it. Or idea to lock it down and have it function normally.
Had my car for 10 years without an issue. Now really disappointed in what has happened and how much trouble it has caused.
Thanks Nick

Reactions: 1st Vette
Hello, I have a 2009 C6 convertable. My issue that has come to light is that the tonneau cover locking mechanism has stopped working. The litte motor that locks down the cover died!
GM has discontinued these parts. Any idea where I could get a replacement or a place to maybe repair it. Or idea to lock it down and have it function normally.
Had my car for 10 years without an issue. Now really disappointed in what has happened and how much trouble it has caused.
Thanks Nick
Just a thought but perhaps you could find a motor rewind shop and have them take a look. Being only an 09’ you would think that there would be some OEM parts still kicking around. Maybe not enough of them on the road that there would be aftermarket units but you never know.

I would give these guys a call. 2005-2013 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Tops and Convertible Top Parts (https://www.convertibletopguys.com/convertible/1752/2005-2013-Chevrolet-Corvette)

Last edited:
Just a thought but perhaps you could find a motor rewind shop and have them take a look. Being only an 09’ you would think that there would be some OEM parts still kicking around. Maybe not enough of them on the road that there would be aftermarket units but you never know.

I would give these guys a call. 2005-2013 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Tops and Convertible Top Parts (https://www.convertibletopguys.com/convertible/1752/2005-2013-Chevrolet-Corvette)
I just did a quick google and quite a few parts showed up.

I just did a quick google and quite a few parts showed up.
Try Perplexity AI . If nothing else it has the most intuitive predictive text when entering a question I have ever seen. Almost spooky sometimes. Very quick as well with all info sources noted . I find it far more efficient than conventional search engines most of which are mainly focused on giving promoted results and advertising.

Try Perplexity AI . If nothing else it has the most intuitive predictive text when entering a question I have ever seen. Almost spooky sometimes. Very quick as well with all info sources noted . I find it far more efficient than conventional search engines most of which are mainly focused on giving promoted results and advertising.
Your comment almost reads like it was written by AI, Spooky,

• Happy
Thanks Nick
Welcome to the forum. Let me know if the convertible top parts sources that others have provided don't pan out or if your motor cannot be fixed. I will find you the part through my contacts out of the US.

Your comment almost reads like it was written by AI, Spooky,
What isn't written by AI these days...The human race is rapidly losing the ability to do anything without AI. AI will write your essays and thesis for your university degree, your resume to apply for a job, an award winning best seller novel, screenplays, for sale listings, your 10 year old's absence letter to the teacher. It will cook your supper, make your appointments, have conversations with you, pretty much anything you can think of, AI can do for you.

I was at a friend of a friends a while back who had recently lost her husband. She was into AI for all her household environmental controls and other things and had the idea of being able to converse with her dead husband using AI. She had her husbands voice on their phone's voice mail and played it for her AI thingy; then listed her husbands likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc. etc. and now has AI conversing with her in the house using her husbands voice and mannerisms. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.... Yes. Spooky is right but scary is more like it...

What isn't written by AI these days...The human race is rapidly losing the ability to do anything without AI. AI will write your essays and thesis for your university degree, your resume to apply for a job, an award winning best seller novel, screenplays, for sale listings, your 10 year old's absence letter to the teacher. It will cook your supper, make your appointments, have conversations with you, pretty much anything you can think of, AI can do for you.

I was at a friend of a friends a while back who had recently lost her husband. She was into AI for all her household environmental controls and other things and had the idea of being able to converse with her dead husband using AI. She had her husbands voice on their phone's voice mail and played it for her AI thingy; then listed her husbands likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc. etc. and now has AI conversing with her in the house using her husbands voice and mannerisms. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.... Yes. Spooky is right but scary is more like it...
I agree Rruff. I have always said the computer is a machine of isolation. Before we used to talk to others, now we just e-mail or text. I've seen long e-mail discussions done with a person in the next cubicle, just 5 feet away. They are convenience machines that let us hide at home and do all of our shopping, banking and work without ever having to go out the door and God forbid have to actually talk to someone. Let me know if you ever see a teenager walking with their heads up, doesn't happen, too buried into their phones. I could rant for days, but instead I'm going brave the outdoors, get off me arse and go to the beer store and enjoy manually shifting gears.

• Agree

Creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread