Apr 27, 2018
London ON
VetteCoins
Car
99 Navy Metallic
Province
ON
Hottest stretch of the summer and the AC quit!

Dual climate control, display functions fine, shows outside temp and set temp...but won't blow.

No hot, no cold, no nothing. Tried all fan speeds, and settings from defrost, floor etc...nothing.

Both 10A HVAC and the 30A blower fuses passed the multi-meter test.

Desperate for ideas.

I'm old school but I'll take a stab at it since no one else did yet. Can you get at the blower motor ? Try and see if you got power at the wire on the motor ( control on a fan speed ) . If yes then looks like the motor is dead. If possible just bang the motor as it may be sitting on a dead spot and just may take off. If no power at the wire then you need to start tracing backwards to see where the break is. Could be the control , bad connection on the plug , is there a ground wire on the motor ? , even try a new fuse even though they tested ok. good luck.

Because I'm the least technical one here ~ and just couldn't resist... 😉

image.jpeg

I wish it was just my birkenstocks that were frying!
Heartbreaking to head into a beautiful long weekend and the car is effectively sidelined because it is just too hot.

No luck yet...looks beyond my ability, likely a trip to the garage.

Reactions: OneTrueChevyGirl
just another quick question FightingIrish , when you turn on the a/c , can you hear or go see if the compressor kicks in and is turning ? If it doesn't kick in then no power is being sent to anything so it is something major that is not feeding power to the a/c -fan - heater circuit.

Because I'm the least technical one here ~ and just couldn't resist... 😉

View attachment 17767

NICE, I've seen them over the years at the car shows but never rode in a car with one. Apparantly they do work to a certain degree !!!! , never give electrical problems , never need freon . 2-60 air conditioning always works too.....2 windows down at 60 miles an hour.

Last edited:
just another quick question FightingIrish , when you turn on the a/c , can you hear or go see if the compressor kicks in and is turning ? If it doesn't kick in then no power is being sent to anything so it is something major that is not feeding power to the a/c -fan - heater circuit.
Compressor is running and comes on and off if I adjust controls.

that's good the compressor is turning. so just the blower is dead. can you get to the blower motor to see if power is there ? maybe just giggle the plug wires on motor or the dash control if can get to it ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread