Jun 9, 2015
pickering
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2lt HTC
Province
ON
Just picked up a Z51 spoiler recently. He didn`t have the template returned when the highwing spoiler was installed.

If anyone has the template, i would appreciated as I plan to install the Z51 spoiler myself. And it will be returned

thks

Reactions: drgmny
I decided to attach the spoiler with 3M VHB tape spolier C8.jpg. Thks for the views . The spoiler weighs about 2.5 lbs. Nobody has the template anyway.

I would suggest getting some masking paper/tape that you can get in rolls at paint supply stores to apply to the deck. Then place the wing on that to trace the mounting pads. You should then be able to accurately a measure the bolt hole locations in the area of the pad to transfer for drilling. Or as an option, see if GM has the PDF file for template they would email to you an then get it printed on a wide format printer at a print shop or staples.

I may change my mind and drill the holes to mount. there is one utube vid that shows you how to use masking tape to mark drill holes. that`s easy. The worst part is jacking car up ( I have a low profile jack 3k/lb rated plus spare and already ordered pucks). I know where the lifting holes are but I have to locate where to place the safety jacks. The rest is a little time comsuming but I have my son and daughter to help out.
I`ll wait till I get the car to decide.

thks for the help so far.
Here`s what I plan to do, install spoiler, add 3M film to front, add wrap to top and nacelles and powder coat wheels so far.

yes , you are right, no extra holes to drill if you have the Z51 option. I watched a `Conti` Utube vid drilling holes. But these were for non Z51 cars . I watched it a second time again.

I called customer care Canada. After 2 rings , Avaloi, the rep , graciously answered and looked for template part but its not listed in the database.
She gave me a TPW of 7 Sept 20 (status3000) for my convert !
Great news from her but I told her that I would not assume this was correct as things could change. I can call anytime to check!

`The Z51 rear wing does not aid in the 0-60 time as stated above in the article. and as far as the 400 pounds of down force that is at 185 mph only. Below 100 mph it does very very little. Don’t care who you quoted, get the facts straight before publishing please.`
This is a quote from corvette blogger.
However, I still plan on bolting the spoiler on and not using tape. I don't entend to race at 185mph.
Its best to bolt on spoiler since I`m worried about the spoiler falling off while driving , damaging backend and maybe hitting another car while bouncing around the 401.
And worst, selling car with spoiler taped on to unsuspecting new track racer.

A quasi template for the Z51 spoiler. Happened to lay the spoiler with 1.5 inch M6 bolts on the carpet and Voila!
Also added some double sided tape which needs to be 1mm thick. I have to chk the curvature of bumper first.
template.jpg template1.jpg

Sorry cant help you as I used some extra industrial tape hanging around. Don`t know the part nbr. Try 3m products or equal. You may have to double up to get thickness.
Use this tape to temporary hold the spoiler and ALWAYS bolt it on for safety and DO NOT rely on double sided tape to hold this spoiler on! The tape keeps the spoiler mounting nuts(4) and screws(2) slightly high to avoid rubbing on the bumper and , I think, it compresses enough to keep water from getting in.
I`m also working on a way to mark the spots where to drill holes. Later on this.

Reactions: kevindesj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.