BenjaVette

I'm New Here
Sep 27, 2017
chile
VetteCoins
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I'm Benjamin from Chile, recently bought a Corvette grand sport 2011, and a few weeks ago I'm failing the ignition, sometimes it turns on and sometimes I do not, we measure fuel pressure from the riel and arrives little ... someone knows that it will be? here in Chile I take it to GM and they are helping me, but we still have not found the solution, since in this state of my country is the only Corvette, I have a recorded video but I can not attach it
is only in the game, since walking I can accelerate thoroughly and respond correctly without problems

Reactions: nascar03
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I'm Benjamin from Chile, recently bought a Corvette grand sport 2011, and a few weeks ago I'm failing the ignition, sometimes it turns on and sometimes I do not, we measure fuel pressure from the riel and arrives little ... someone knows that it will be? here in Chile I take it to GM and they are helping me, but we still have not found the solution, since in this state of my country is the only Corvette, I have a recorded video but I can not attach it
is only in the game, since walking I can accelerate thoroughly and respond correctly without problems

Insufficient fuel pressure can definitely cause this. If that's the case the fuel pump would be your best bet to test. Sometimes the plastic tubing on the pump can become brittle and crack. If that's the case you may smell fuel in the car when running. If it's an auto and the driver side pump is gone, the whole rear end has to come down to get to the tank. With manuals there's room to maneuver. What's the pressure at the rails when primed?

how can I measure it?

I thought you mentioned in your first post that pressure was low?

You need a fuel pressure gauge to screw onto the schrader valve onto the end of your fuel rail. Your GM shop should have this equipment.

You need 58psig min. fuel pressure with ~ 60psi+ at idle. Any less and your car won't start.

It could be a lot of other issues but you need to provide more details i.e. any CEL lights on for example.

Also please stop posting duplicate content. I've removed duplicate posts.

the problem is just when to turn it on

It could still be the fuel pump. It can be many things. Do you have any check engine lights? Have you scanned the car with an OBD2 scanner?

As the car seems to be cranking well (and running well when started) off top of my head the obvious culprits could be:
1. CPS sensor - crankshaft position sensor (usually throws a CEL light or pending problem that can only be read with the scanner)
2. Fuel pump going bad or problem in fuel system (sender, regulator, filter, pump wiring, cracks etc etc)

Scan for codes, check fuel pressure then let us know how it goes. These are cheap and quick things you can do now before replacing anything.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 4098872620.jpg
    iOS Image - 4098872620.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • iOS Image - 2698197694.jpg
    iOS Image - 2698197694.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.