I'm New Here
Oct 11, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1987 corvette
Province
ON
Hi
I blew the l98 in my 87 corvette. I have recently removed it with the plan on rebuilding but it has had catastrophic failure making it no longer an option. I'm having trouble locating a good used motor. Was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction or where to look, or a local (GTA) corvette wrecker? Thanks in advance

Hi
I blew the l98 in my 87 corvette. I have recently removed it with the plan on rebuilding but it has had catastrophic failure making it no longer an option. I'm having trouble locating a good used motor. Was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction or where to look, or a local (GTA) corvette wrecker? Thanks in advance
Hi. where are you located?

Sorry the name escapes me but there is a Corvette wrecker in the Caledon area just north of Toronto. He has been around for years with a good reputation.

Either it will come to me or someone else will chime in.

Sorry for your misfortune.

Crosstown will be able to help you. They spend all winter rebuilding 4 bolt mains 350's for boaters who don't winterize their boats properly and then discover in May that they have a cracked block. A marine engine would do you great in place of your L98. Besides the 4 bolt mains, they have a slightly larger cam and will outperform what you have now. They're made to run under full load at 4000 rpm all day if you want.
Good luck with the project!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
You don’t need to find an L98, any gen1 small block chevy (sbc) will drop right in.

The L98 is just a sbc with the tpi intake on it.

Heck, all you really need is a short block (ie: just the block and internal components) and swap your aluminum heads, intake, accessories, etc. They all drop right on a gen 1 sbc short block.

You might even be able to buy a rebuilt short block for the proce of a used take out one. Rebuilt short block would also come with some sort of warranty...

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I have a complete, good running'85 for $2500. Located at a friend's place North of Whitby.
You could use the engine and tranny (auto) and have lots of misc spares left over.
Jan 17 2014 002.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.