Paul King

I'm New Here
Jun 10, 2016
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2007 C6 Corvette
it a 2007 with 6 lt with Z51 package . last night at around 100 km i lost all oil pressure. As i pulled to the side the car stopped running. When i got out i noticed the back end of the car was coated in oil from top to bottom , any help would be great , i am no mechanic

Wow Paul. That really sucks to put it mildly. I am not a mechanic either so won't be much help. I would have a good look under the hood for anything that looks out of place or covered in oil also... I would also look at the rear and try and see where the oil came from.....and any other information, no matter how insignificant it seems... there are lots of very knowledgeable people here who may have some theories if they had a bit more to go on. At the end of the day though you need to find a good mechanic. If you were to call Dasilva Motorsports in Breslau at (519) 648-3752 and talk to Manny, he might be able to offer some assistance. I doubt anyone in Ontario knows Corvettes as well as Manny and his team.

By chance, did you just have your oil changed?

Good Luck and all the best with this.

Hey Paul,

Having had a tractor engine let go on me before, these sorts of engine failures, when catastrophic, are usually not quiet.

I would start with something else that resulted in the loss of oil, a line failure, a plug coming off, the pan holed or a filter issue. You would/should have heard a whole lot of knocking if it caused the engine to shut down while idling BEFORE it stopped running..............

You didn't notice if there was any increase in coolant temperature? Loss of oil which also helps with cooling the engine would have probably meant more heat going into the engine coolant that should have warmed it up - this also happened to me when an oil line cracked on my sprayer, sort of the oil pressure dropped as the coolant temp skyrocketed.....................

Fingers crossed, hope it is a loss of oil from something simple and there is no engine damage at all!

Cheers,

Garry

The fact that the motor stopped is not a good sign. From personal experience the oil pressure sender unit in the ls2 will not shut the car off. Trust me I've had plenty fail. This sounds more serious.

Does it turnover or have you already shipped it to a shop? Do let us know and hope it goes well.

If it was just a case of the engine stopping, then yes it could be a low oil level sensor of some sort shutting the fuel off. But the back end of the car being covered with oil seems to be pointing in another direction I think....................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.