Darryl L

Casual User
Oct 14, 2017
VetteCoins
Hi all! Ive been reading som conflicting info about 90 TPS sensor install. Is it voltsge adjustable or auto set? Do you just drop it in? do a positive plug pull and good to go? Is there anything I should be do I g when installing? Every video and site description seems to be for 84-89 adjustable voltage models!

I would loosely bolt it down and take voltage 0.54 at idle then torque it down so it doesn't move.
Hi thanx for the reply. I'm told the 1990 has a non adjustable TPS! I know of the 84-89 install to set the voltage. I'm hoping it's just a install power on pull plug power off and replug in. It's supposed to be good after that. I ordered a TPS from rock auto and I'll post an update as soon as I get it. By for now...

Reactions: ddgermann
did you install it yet?
Yes I installed the TPS on Friday eve. The 1990 is non adjustable voltage TPS sensor unlike the 89 and older units. Just a ignition on, hot plug pull, turn key off and start for install. It stumbled a bit in the first few minutes of running so I quickly shut it off and restarted it. (It could have been due to a relearning stumble as the battery was disconnected) I have not been able to duplicate the problem in the shop since . I've ran it twice for a half hour each at various rpm's cycling the fans a few times. It ran like new lol! It's winter here so I cans drive it right now to confirm it' fixed for sure. I' keeping my fingers crossed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread