Oct 16, 2017
vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
Hi, I'm more of a Porsche guy. But had a 1985 C4 in 1990. My neighbor had a C2 big block and got into Corvettes because of him in the 1980's. Getting in a nostalgia mood. Plus bored with Porsches. So a few months back, my Porsche mechanic was rebuilding a C4 engine. Thought I should get one...... I'm not anti America or Americans. Just in general American dominated forums, everyone takes America far too serious these days....... Its getting too nuts there. So rather deal with Canadians and buy here.

Am-er-i-ca! Am-er-i-ca! Just kidding. There is a wealth of knowledge down there, however, hopefully you'll find it a bit different here and get more support on any questions you have rather than reading posts from members having a "knowledge" measuring competition.

Anyway, that is one smart neighbour you have! :D

Nothing wrong with the P-cars outside of some friendly animosity...er...I mean ribbing. Actually what I hope you find here isn't just that we're a bit of a different Corvette forum but that you'll notice that first, we are car enthusiasts, and second, it just so happens that we enjoy our Corvettes.

As for Porsches, just to open up this discussion :)D), great cars. You always hear how well they drive, over and over and over and over and over again. However, I'm a bang for the buck guy. I love the performance you can get from a Vette for the cost and I just can't justify the cost of Porsche's for the performance.....but that new 911 Turbo S.......geeze, that thing is a monster! But anyway, one of my friends is a P-car guy with a very nice Camen S. Nice car. I like the size of it, but I like being able to fit my fat North American butt in my Corvette and can't rationalize the cost of his car, compared to mine, for the increase in price. I think I'm basically saying that Porsche is out of my league and if I could purchase one, I'd most likely just move up to a higher performing Corvette anyway as I know the history, how they work, how they handle and what to expect should I every move up models and I would guess there's some level of comfort with familiarity.

Anyway, long winded reply. Glad you found us. If you want to talk about Porsches and provide some insight, awesome, and if you just want to take a break from Porsches and talk about Corvettes and ask questions while on your hunt to find the right one for you, that is great too!

Hi guys..... I'm also a bang for the buck guy. In Porsche's, its mostly 1980' and below I'm interested in. On the American thing. Just finding they are now hyper "sensitive" if a known Canadian makes any comment on America and even American products these days. I'm leaning towards a 1990-1 C4. Or even thinking of a late C3 with a 4spd. I like the looks. I don't care about drag specs. I'm also looking at Camaro's like a late 1970's Z28 or even a mid 1970's LT. Again those are also nostalgia deals. I turned 16 in 1988. So those where the cars we bought back then. In "foreign" I want a Datsun 240Z or a latter 1980-2 280Zx turbo. So I'm also somewhat a collector. I might somewhat flip and trade as well. I don't totally marry my cars.

Reactions: turbozig
Welcome to the Club Max930. Damn, oops, S$%#. not supposed to use the "C" word. WELCOME TO THE FORUM! That's better. Great place made by great people and look forward to hearing your journey no matter what it is you decide on. There's a few restos going on and some very informative step by step pics. Enjoy.

Reactions: ddgermann
I wouldn't mind a small "project". I have a mechanic that is very reasonable rate wise. I have an upholstery guy, that is reasonable too. My uncle has been into paint and body work since a teen in the early 1960's.... Back in the 1980's, non essential stores had too close Sundays. So my hometowns mall became a used car lot on Sundays. The Lions Club started selling space and still do it today. So when I was a kid. I bought and sold cars. Buy an 1980 Camaro for $1800, fix up the paint, etc. And sell it for a small profit. I even did old VW's cause the parts where very inexpensive as they still built them in Mexico. So not too worried about a small easy fix project.......

Hi, nothing in particular. I'm looking at a 78 and an 88 on the weekend. My MO is buying a decent car. Drive it until bored and sell it even if it means buying another of the same color. My brother is similar. The focus is not a "profit", its more for fun.

Welcome to the forum Max. Great bunch here.... And our heads are in a much different place than a lot of our .... neighbours.... Good luck on your hunt and any help we can be, let us know....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.