May 3, 2018
Aurora
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
My wife and 2 sons shocked me three weeks ago with a great birthday gift, a 2019 Stingray LT1, 7-speed, Watkins Glen Grey, factory Black Painted wheels. Bowled over doesn't describe it, I'm slowly adapting to the new reality - but still sneaking peeks inside the garage to make sure the dream hasn't ended.

With just a few Km on the clock now (about 480 with the lousy weather we've been having - ice storm, lots of rain, some flakes of snow since they drove it into the garage and left me to "discover it" on my own), I'm liking the car and the few other Corvette owners I've run into and had a chance to talk to. It seems like a great fraternity, and I hope to learn a lot here.

L.L.C.

Hey LLC,,
First question.. Is your family willing to adopt? I’m available.!!,

What a great gift.. Welcome to the Corvette World.
Let’s see some pics of your gift.

Graham
My oldest son told me that when they ordered it last November, the Salesguy asked the same thing, since they told him what they were after, the secrecy, my description (originally they were going to look at ordering a convertible, I was told, but were advised against it due to my height with the reduced head clearance in the soft roof). I wouldn't have been all gung-ho about a droptop anyway, the roof off will work just fine for that.

Weather has been too cr@ppy for any decent pictures - I did snap a couple when I pulled it out of the garage onto the driveway the next morning, just as that big Southern Ontario ice storm started, so here's a couple from that. The car was pretty dirty from being driven from the dealership to my garage the night before - but I fixed that the first day it wasn't raining.

L.L.C.

Attachments

• 20180414_083011.jpg
    20180414_083011.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180414_082852.jpg
    20180414_082852.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 36
Welcome LLC.
Sweet Corvette. What a thoughtful gift from your family. Can’t imagine a better gift for a guy.
Enjoy the car. It truly is fantastic driving a Corvette.

Welcome to CCF and Better Late than Never ...

hmmm, I used to be quite content to just get a Birthday Card to know that people remembered,
but I know you now have one hell of a task ahead shopping for three upcoming Birthdays ;)

I can envision your thread title now ... "What do you give to someone (or three) who just gifted you a ..." :thumbs:
Maybe we need a new section titled ... "HELP:WillyNilly:!"
Seriously though ... Congrats and Thank You for posting your photos ... sweet

Last edited:
My oldest son told me that when they ordered it last November, the Salesguy asked the same thing, since they told him what they were after, the secrecy, my description (originally they were going to look at ordering a convertible, I was told, but were advised against it due to my height with the reduced head clearance in the soft roof). I wouldn't have been all gung-ho about a droptop anyway, the roof off will work just fine for that.

Weather has been too cr@ppy for any decent pictures - I did snap a couple when I pulled it out of the garage onto the driveway the next morning, just as that big Southern Ontario ice storm started, so here's a couple from that. The car was pretty dirty from being driven from the dealership to my garage the night before - but I fixed that the first day it wasn't raining.

L.L.C.
Nice color combos - enjoy the ride!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread