This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hello? McFly?

May 19, 2016
Airdrie
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z51
Province
AB
Hello! It's been a while.....

My apologies to my friends here who may have thought I was dead. I've been gone a long time, and the great thing that I did today was to come back onto this great forum of amazing people and say that I have missed you all. Big thanks to Nik and all of the sponsors for keeping all of the old threads, photos, and memories alive just so that I could come back and have some nostalgic moments and a tear or two.

I had to take some time away from things that weren't productive, and as much fun as this forum is, I had to cut a lot of things out of my life and really concentrate on doing the things that my family needed me to do. It has been a difficult ride over the last few years, but I'm doing better now.

I've moved since we last talked. My wife and I wrangled a deal on an acreage outside of the city during that whole pandemic thing, and I finally have a (mostly) quiet property with a detached shop.

Having my own space is a life changer. I have space for both cars on a lift, and 6' monkey pit on the other side. I can work on my own stuff (and so many new friends, lol) any time I want, and I don't have to worry about what time it is while I am making noise with tools and stuff. I have a small woodworking room that is still an upgrade over my previous space, and there is a whole enclosed loft above the shop that is just perfect for modeling, lego, arts and crafts, all my computer crap, and whatever other hobbies I want to do.

Yes, I still have my Corvette. It is not looking pretty right now, covered in a few years worth of dust (and I make a lot of dust in the shop), but it is keeping its mileage low, right? I have a lot of things on my list of 'to do', but the Vette is on there, and I would love to see some of you next summer. I hope to make it happen.

Well blow me over with a feather Jordy. Wondered what became of you. Haven't talked to Tim for a long time but always meant to ask about you. Welcome back, other than the near heart attack when I saw your name pop up. Glad to see you. Sounds like you are in a good place. Figuratively and literally. Good on Ya buddy.

Hi my friend,
If you (and yours) are game … a visit for an acreage photo op chat would do many of us well next Summer. I’ve watched quite a bit of your efforts & successes on “the other media thingy” and never really seen the vette. I left it as a not-topic but rather thrilled about the “barn find” now. I’m “in” next Summer or even sooner at a coffee shop with the “winter-drivers”.
Cheers Jordy
Big Hi to N8 too

Reactions: Jeremiad
Thanks for the warm welcome gents. Lots of things have changed around here (including a few usernames and their locations) but that's okay, I still know who you are. Lots of things have changed in my life too, but I'm still a pretty decent fella.

It is a nice feeling to come back here and see some familiar people, and I look forward to learning about all the ones who are new to me.
Cheers!