Aug 9, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1959 Corvette
Province
MB
C1.jpg

Beautiful car @Freebert. You may try registration with NCRS in the US. They have excellent documentation references and you can start a thread there with your questions. Lots of C1 guys there. Best of luck. I hope I didn't offend the CCF moderators with my reply.

I dealt with the GM Heritage Center last year back in December and they were ++ helpful and promptly answered all my questions and provided information about my 2020 C8; all for n/c. Their email address is: [email protected] and their other contact info is:

GM Heritage Center
6400 Center Drive
Sterling Heights, MI 48312

586-932-5718 Phone

586-932-5727 Fax

Good luck Freebert sourcing out more info on your "new" (to you) gorgeous C1!

I may go that route, was looking closer to home in Manitoba, I know the car has been in Manitoba for at least 21 years.

Perhaps do an historical search at Vehicle Registry to determine past owners and contact them, if that's possible these days given our wonderful/totally justifiable/no-cost/no-delay Privacy Legislation. On second thought (LOL) consider contacting the Corvette Club of Manitoba. I found their webpage here:

Or would the auction business where you purchased the C1 have any contact info for the previous owner of the car?

Good luck with your enquiries "detective" Freebert! :)

The Manitoba corvette club does not have a forum section. They produce a monthly newsletter. I just joined them . The car was purchased from an estate auction. I do have the name of the previous owner but out of respect will not be knocking on any doors for a while . As I get to know the Manitoba C1 owners I will stumble across someone who knows the car. I did fire an email off to the links provided by other members thank you for that

Reactions: turbozig
I dealt with the GM Heritage Center last year back in December and they were ++ helpful and promptly answered all my questions and provided information about my 2020 C8; all for n/c. Their email address is: [email protected] and their other contact info is:

GM Heritage Center
6400 Center Drive
Sterling Heights, MI 48312

586-932-5718 Phone

586-932-5727 Fax

Good luck Freebert sourcing out more info on your "new" (to you) gorgeous C1!
Got an email stating that they only go back to 1977 on corvettes.

The Manitoba corvette club does not have a forum section. They produce a monthly newsletter. I just joined them . The car was purchased from an estate auction. I do have the name of the previous owner but out of respect will not be knocking on any doors for a while . As I get to know the Manitoba C1 owners I will stumble across someone who knows the car. I did fire an email off to the links provided by other members thank you for that

I'm not a member, but I know a handful of them. They are a pretty tight group from my understanding and love to talk corvettes, you will be able to eventually get some background information you seek from them. Manitoba is small and car community smaller, those guys will know or can find out for you don't you worry lol

Beautiful looking car, my favorite Corvette front grill!! Car looks to be in great shape. I do agree with Kerrmudgeon on swap for more traditional wheel look, but that's just my preference. Go with what you like and enjoy the rides.
That white and red gives your car a distinctive Canadian feel.:canada:
Luke

nice car . im with the man corvette club.. come out to some events, someone will know of the car. i will come meet u at an event. i just sold my 61 and have bunch of c1 parts left . there is an event this sat .autocross. u should of got notice as i saw u were a new member . u do not have to autocross , they r always looking for volunteers. i will not be attending as i have another function same day. if it changes i will be there, beating on the z06 lol .
thx andy

nice car . im with the man corvette club.. come out to some events, someone will know of the car. i will come meet u at an event. i just sold my 61 and have bunch of c1 parts left . there is an event this sat .autocross. u should of got notice as i saw u were a new member . u do not have to autocross , they r always looking for volunteers. i will not be attending as i have another function same day. if it changes i will be there, beating on the z06 lol .
thx andy
I would like to meet you Andy, just got my car into primer and almost ready to paint. Need some items for a safety, window parts, Missing heater components etc. How do I contact you. ? Your car is not going to be hard to spot if its the one in your avatar. When is the next function ? the last was cancelled. Had a really bad time ordering parts out of the states, waited 19 days and was going to cancel and than got my delivery, then Received my first communication from the place that they had shipped my order after I received it. No tracking, nothing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.