Recently bought a 72' Stingray 350 SBC mid restoration. Not very mechanically inclined but im looking forward to getting my hands dirty. Thanks in advance for answering any stupid questions.

Welcome Captain Hook, and congrats on the 72 Stingray. I am finishing my complete 70 BB coupe restoration, and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please post some pics.

Welcome Captain Hook, and congrats on the 72 Stingray. I am finishing my complete 70 BB coupe restoration, and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please post some pics.

Awesome, I'm jealous of the BB. I do have a question already. I was putting the bell housing and clutch fork on today and the throw out bearing doesnt seem to clip into the clutch fork very well. Is this common, and can it be fixed by just replacing the clip on the back of it, or is it the fork that needs to be replaced?

Welcome to this Forum Captain Hook.
My hope is that you will find answers to all your questions and not just the "stupid" ones,
because some of us might not know the difference ...
like this guy I keep seeing in my bathroom mirror ;)
One thing for sure is that your greatest reward will the friendships ...
and I am happy to tell you that has already started ...
Cheers!

Recently bought a 72' Stingray 350 SBC mid restoration. Not very mechanically inclined but im looking forward to getting my hands dirty. Thanks in advance for answering any stupid questions.
Welcome and good luck with restoration: you have many months to complete before being able to go for a spin - good timing!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.