Featured Thread
I bought it in 2007 from a National Research Council pilot in Ottawa who went to Texas and met Mr Cernan and bought the car from him. He and his son drove it back to Canada, but he never really drove it in 2005 and 2006, so he put it up for sale and I happen to find the ad on an American website. Turns out that after searching all of North America for a 75 convertible, here was one with some history and the owner lived in my hometown of Arnprior, ON!
Car is virtually all stock - it still has the numbers matched L48, emissions air pump, stock air cleaner and catalytic. Air conditioning as well. Makes it rare at a car show because everyone else who owns this era of Corvette adds chrome air cleaners and valve covers. I don't think people realize (or care) that 73-75 'vettes have an actual cowl-induction intake which is why the intake has that large ring with the rubber lip to seal against the hood.

I've put up an event add for the 65th Anniversary Corvette celebration / tribute during the 2018 Cold Lake Air Show. Only show in Canada that will feature the F-22 Raptor stealth fighter demo in 2018...

Reactions: Jenski~Z06
Welcome Bluvette75 to the forum and thank you for sharing your wonderful story of your fantastic find. Please post some pictures whenever you can, I look forward to seeing your C3. Cheers!

Welcome Bluvette. We had another member we haven't heard from for a while from Cold Lake... NW-99SS. Nathan was his name and he has a 1963 Grand Sport Mongoose. Not a lot of those around, maybe you know him. Anyway... Post some pics of your 75... We love pictures here....

welcome the the forum! When is the Cold Lake airshow? I know its a big one but mt company does work in and around cold lake so may maje a run. Why, becaue I can!!

75 Vette.png
1975 Corvette Stingray Convertible w/silver interior

Nice car forsure and a great color combination! I may be a little bias however, lol. Welcome to the Blues brothers Bluvett75 and look forward to meeting and seeing it in person. :thumbs:
Blue does seem to work really well with the Corvette's lines, along with the silver interior. I searched online for a few days looking for a 75 vette and debating what colour would stand out, then I saw this one - the one and only I found in this colour. When the add stated "Gene Cernan - Last man on the moon" and that he owned this car, I knew this was the one for me. Unfortunately it is needing a few repairs so I'm hoping this spring to get it into the shop and fix a few things.

I'd love to see pics of that 1970 454 'Vette when you get a chance...

Welcome to CCF !!!
Awesome specimen you have there and with history! :Snaphappy::Snaphappy::Snaphappy::Snaphappy::Snaphappy: photo is appreciated
Noticed the Cold Lake Air Show ... darn right upon return for the Meet in the Middle.
The chance is slim to attend but not completely out of the question, so it's in my calendar.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread