Feb 23, 2013
Midland, Ont.
VetteCoins
Car
1979 L48 Auto
Hi Guys, just arrived home from our extended winter break at our place in the Caribbean and wanted to say you have all been missed. We decided to break away from the internet for 5 months and just enjoy our new surroundings. Glad to be back.....although there's still 3 feet of snow in my yard and the bay probably has that much ice still on it.....but spring will soon be upon us and the car is paid up until May 1st for storage. Hoping to catch up on all your adventures as I make my way through these threads over the next few days. All the best and hope your projects are all going well.

B

Welcome back to both of you. We've had nothing but sunshine and 75F weather here for the past 4.9 months. All that snow and ice must have recently arrived to welcome you back to Ontario. Did you buy? and how did you maintain your OHIP if you did not come back to Ontario during that time period?

Hey Greg, good to hear from you brother. We bought in Turks and Caicos. Nothing too crazy.....but its a 5 minute walk to the beach, and it's an actual house with a pool - not a condo or a resort accommodation. Great neighbours, who will keep an eye on things while we're home. They'll appreciate the extra few bucks, and I have peace of mind. The healthcare has been really easy. Two Canadian hospitals on Provodenciales......and they take our health cards if we need anything. I technically didn't even need a passport to get on the plane......I mean we did of course; but an enhanced driver's licence would get you in the country. Nice to be back though and looking forward to getting the car out. She doesn't need any work this summer......so hopefully just looking forward to getting in some cruising when I'm not at work.

We definitely have to get together this season. Wow T & C house, pool, beach - congrats my friend!!!!! We had looked at heading south but my ext. health put the fear of God into us about it being based off of OHIP and their rtn timelines. Glad to hear all worked out so well + no health ins. issues/worries.

Heather had a scare with her mother last year and it really made her stop and prioritize things in her life. I'd been going there for years before we got together, and she really liked the vibe of the place on the few trips we'd had after getting married. Between my folks and my brothers we'd seen Jamaica, Cuba, Dominican, Antigua, and the Bahamas over the years. Turks just felt like home......Canada with better weather.....even RBC and IGA...lol. It was actually a bit of a shock to see what we could get for roughly half the cost of our Midland home......in fact I know friends that have spent way more for Georgian Bay vacation properties.....and they get hit with property taxes that would kill you, so all in all I think it will be a good situation moving forward. Time will tell. Looking forward to catching up this summer pal. I've got meetings all next week, getting back to the grind. Some big fibre and tower jobs coming up for us this summer.....so it looks like I'll be quite busy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.