norman karsanac

I'm New Here
You're Celebrated
Sep 20, 2020
USA Atlantic City NJ
VetteCoins
I’m having stalling problem. After starting car and letting clutch out I go about 10 ft and the car starts to shut off. If I don’t push the clutch in fast the car will shout down. Car starts right up, I can give the car high rpm’s but soon as I let the clutch out it stalls. Has anyone have an idea what the problem is. Thank you. Looking for some help. 😁

Reactions: Dik
I’m having stalling problem. After starting car and letting clutch out I go about 10 ft and the car starts to shut off. If I don’t push the clutch in fast the car will shout down. Car starts right up, I can give the car high rpm’s but soon as I let the clutch out it stalls. Has anyone have an idea what the problem is. Thank you. Looking for some help. 😁

I would recommend posting this question in the C5 forum section Norman. More C5 members will see it there. Have you checked for any codes?

I would recommend posting this question in the C5 forum section Norman. More C5 members will see it there. Have you checked for any codes?

Hello, nothing showed up on dash. I don’t run the car much. Went for state inspection and we had to push the car out of the state garage after the sticker was put on the windshield. Got a jump and got home, put it back on trickle charger and found out charger was bad. Put an old charger on over night and the car started no problem and car was fine. Don’t know what the dead battery has to do with the car stalling when I pull out but it’s fine. Thank u for steering me to C5 forum. Thx Norman

Well that was a happy ending. There is a lot of electronics running in the background of the Corvettes. I'd rather my car fail on the driveway instead of out on the road ....

And hello from the north. :Cheers2:

What is the status of your steering lock and the message display. If you have this problem, the computer will limit your driving speed so you can limp home. There is an old campaign on this issue. Have your Corvette dealer look up recall # 04006C. This from a former C5 owner,

• Informative
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.