Jan 14th, 2019
regarding the passing of a Truly Inspiring Man
Garry Ropchan
CCF:VelocityYellowRules!
Garry is well known on our Forums as his "Struggles continued"
Rest in Peace our Good Friend
:Angelsad2:
54yrs (1964 - 2019)
(on-line link(s) for published announcements will be added as they become available)

Service for Garry will be in Grimshaw Alberta
Saturday Jan 19th at 10:30am
at the Catholic Church (luncheon follows)

link to obituary message within this thread
HEAVY HEARTS for VELOCITY YELLOW RULES

Garry's Alberta Plate
(in Memory)
GarryPlate-1.jpg
IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

Last edited:
No words can express the loss of Garry. A man with such an incredible attitude and so willing to let us into his life. I am so sorry for this loss to his family and I feel so badly for his son.
I’m really going to miss his posts and hoped that we would be priledged to have more of them in the future. Rest In Peace Garry. You are absolutely missed.

I learned so much from Garry as to how to face LIFE.
He was a Champion in all his endeavours.. and faced them head-on with a big smile and a positive attitude.
He had his priorities set-up perfect
Family, Friends, Farming and somewhere down the line, his beloved yellow Corvette.
He never faultered in his attitude.
RIP Garry.. we miss you man. So sad.
Condolences to his family and anyone he touched.

Graham

:Angelsad2: A great loss to the world by Garry's passing. His outlook and desire can be a lesson to all as to a courageous, honest and always friendly man. As much as everyone that knew, or knew of Garry are saddened by this news, we can trust that he is, at this moment, sliding into the seat of a velocity yellow, supercharged C6, gazing upon a Corvette full throttle road in front of him. And of course with the signature 'Garry' smile on his face. Rest in peace my friend.

The news of Garry’s passing saddened Joanne and I. Joanne and I met Garry at the first Ponoka Corvette meet. Instantly personable and that smile on his face. Through this group of friends we learned so much and Garry shared so much about his life and struggles. There was laughter and tears. I met up with Garry and Jeff in Red Deer last spring to make the run down to Calgary. We stopped at Airdrie and Jerimaid and Spence joined us there. Was a great afternoon shooting the breeze with friends and touring the Davenport shop with Steve. After the car was dropped off Garry’s mom went with him for a check at the cancer clinic.
Rest in Peace my friend, you will always be remembered fondly for your stories, laughter and smiles.

Words cannot express the feelings that weigh on our hearts today. For those who got to meet Garry and experience the sparkle of his aura, his energy and his attitude through everything that was happening to him – Incredible doesn’t even begin to describe it.

He was an amazing person. Someone who smiled through adversity and always saw the shiny side of every dark cloud. Positive and upbeat, always knowing that there is a solution somewhere, and never thought that he couldn’t find it. Whatever life throws at you, there’s still a reason to smile.

You have been, and will continue to be - an inspiration to us all.

When I’m down, and don’t know what to do – I will think of you.

When I think of all that I have done, and all that I have left to do – I will think of you.

When I meet somebody who wants a hug instead of a handshake - I will think of you.

When I pick up my boy from school in my Corvette – I will think of you.

And when the sun shines down – I can look up to the sky and see its glory – in Velocity Yellow.

Last edited:
Words cannot express the feelings that weigh on our hearts today. For those who got to meet Garry and experience the sparkle of his aura, his energy and his attitude through everything that was happening to him – Incredible doesn’t even begin to describe it.

He was an amazing person. Someone who smiled through adversity and always saw the shiny side of every dark cloud. Positive and upbeat, always knowing that there is a solution somewhere, and never thought that he couldn’t find it. Whatever life throws at you, there’s still a reason to smile.

You have been, and will continue to be - an inspiration to us all.

When I’m down, and don’t know what to do – I will think of you.

When I think of all that I have done, and all that I have left to do – I will think of you.

When I pick up my boy from school in my Corvette – I will think of you.

And when the sun shines down – I can look up to the sky and see its glory – in Velocity Yellow.
Absolutely superbly expressed ☝️
I am at a terrible loss for defining how this day's Sun has set and for how tomorrow’s Sun can rise.

I received a phone call from Garry last month as the week ended following his left arm operation. I was surprised to find him released and at home. Seemed so soon however very happy to know he was at home to heal and start adapting to most everything I took for granted when one has both hands/arms. I was inspired while sharing in discussion and his concerns, especially when it came to driving again; very little of which had any hint of what has come our way today. I am sad with thoughts of no longer being able to visit with him again and to continue developing a friendship and that day I was to try to keep up with him while on a drive in our Corvettes.
My heart is heavy for those closest to Garry. I met his Mom and read Garry's words of his Family and I especially appreciate Jacquelyn for her updates of these past few weeks that was able to be shared with everyone on our Forum. My condolences to them all ... for the loss of a man with such strong character and who I will not forget.
IMG_4227.JPG IMG_4228.JPG IMG_4502.JPG
photos from this past Summer in Calgary

a pic when knowing the only time my Corvette would ever be in front of Garry's,
was is when they were both parked 😂
IMG_4480.JPG

Last edited:
the following updated information to this thread's leading message is added ...

Service for Garry will be
at the Catholic Church in Grimshaw Alberta
Saturday Jan 19th at 10:30am
(luncheon follows)

I will watch for a published/online announcement
(posted for info and for those who may be planning to attend)​

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread