72ray

72ray
Casual User
Aug 7, 2018
Sydney Australia
VetteCoins
Car
1972 coupe 350 TH400
Hi all, I’m admitting to being completely ignorant of things related to temp control in my A/C equipped 1972 350 auto. I have recently fitted a new compressor so it had a fresh recharge. Compressor kicks in but all I get is HEAT inside. Any tips on either troubleshooting the system? I’m considering clamping off the water hoses supplying the heater core out of desperation during an Aussie summer. The heater fan was initially stuck on. Now it won’t run at all! 🤷🏼‍♂️

without seeing it I'd say some door is not closing or opening, probably vacuum operated , or could be temp control which I think may be using a cable from the setting, I'm not familiar with the 72 setup. But I'd pull up the controls and look if everything is hooked up and go from there. The fan may be just a fuse . Compressor running is good sign, just sounds like no temp control . Cutting off the hot water may not help if the door is not moving to direct the air flow from heat to cold. Yeah I heard you guys are cooking down there.

without seeing it I'd say some door is not closing or opening, probably vacuum operated , or could be temp control which I think may be using a cable from the setting, I'm not familiar with the 72 setup. But I'd pull up the controls and look if everything is hooked up and go from there. The fan may be just a fuse . Compressor running is good sign, just sounds like no temp control . Cutting off the hot water may not help if the door is not moving to direct the air flow from heat to cold. Yeah I heard you guys are cooking down there.
Thanks. I put a flow shut off valve on the water supply hose to the heater core which I can periodically cycle to flush fluid through the heater core and immediately felt a significant reduction in cabin heat levels. I’ll explore the doors which direct air flow wherever I can access them. Cheers. 40 degrees Centigrade (104 f) here again tomorrow again 😳

Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks. I put a flow shut off valve on the water supply hose to the heater core which I can periodically cycle to flush fluid through the heater core and immediately felt a significant reduction in cabin heat levels. I’ll explore the doors and cables which direct air flow wherever I can access them. Cheers. 40 degrees Centigrade (104 f) here again tomorrow again 😳

Thanks. I put a flow shut off valve on the water supply hose to the heater core which I can periodically cycle to flush fluid through the heater core and immediately felt a significant reduction in cabin heat levels. I’ll explore the doors and cables which direct air flow wherever I can access them. Cheers. 40 degrees Centigrade (104 f) here again tomorrow again 😳

Hi. It is -20 degrees Celsius here today in Ontario. SO, if you willing to pay my airfare I'll be glad to have a look at the problem. Probably figure it out eventually, if not will certainly try. Take care and good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann and 72ray
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread